• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Readers for a horror novelette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunHorton

AW's resident Velociraptor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shaunhorton.blogspot.com
Seeking some beta readers for a horror novelette. It runs about 11,000 words and I'm in no real hurry to get it out.

The story follows a group traveling into the Gobi desert on a fossil hunting expedition. While they find fossils, they also discover the legendary Mongolian Death Worm is a real thing.

Any general comments on the story itself are appreciated, like on the pacing, fear factor, etc. Two of the things I wanted to focus on in the story are the relationship between the main character and her friend, and her friend himself. I wanted to aim for a friendship that was close but still platonic. As far as her friend himself, I wrote him as a mute, so he speaks in sign language and gestures.

So, any takers?

The Eighteenth Letter

Registered
Reaction score
If you're still looking for beta readers, let me know. Maybe we could do a swap for one or two short stories I have

Nether

has been brought to a creepy mansion in a cemetery
Registered
Reaction score
If it's still open, I'm interested. Seems short enough I could look it over in an afternoon... when I'm putting off stuff I ought to be catching up on.

Status
Not open for further replies.