Ivanka barred their Secret Service detail from using their house’s bathrooms

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/ivanka-trump-jared-kushner-banned-secret-service-bathrooms

The Guardian said:
The dying days of the Trump administration have been plagued by yet more scandal in the form of riots, Twitter bans and impeachment. Now the Washington Post has added another: water closet gate.

In a multi-bylined article one of America’s top investigative news outlets has chronicled in leg-crossing detail the apparently extreme difficulty that the Secret Service detail assigned to Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump have had in finding a place to go to the bathroom.

According to the Washington Post the president’s daughter and her top White House adviser spouse have apparently exiled the squad of men and women assigned to keep them from harm’s way from using the toilets in their sprawling Washington DC mansion.

“Instructed not to use any of the half-dozen bathrooms inside the couple’s house, the Secret Service detail assigned to President Trump’s daughter and son-in-law spent months searching for a reliable restroom to use on the job,” the paper reported, citing neighbors and law enforcement official.

It quoted one law enforcement official as saying: “It’s the first time I ever heard of a Secret Service detail having to go to these extremes to find a bathroom.”

It added that Secret Service members in the couple’s detail who were desperate to relieve themselves had resorted to a porta-potty, as well as bathrooms at the homes of Barack Obama and Vice-President Mike Pence.

The solution to the problem was not a cheap one. Since September 2017, the paper reported, the federal government rented the stricken Secret Service members a basement studio with a bathroom for the purposes of them going to the loo. The cost to taxpayers? Some $3,000 a month.

A White House spokesperson denied the couple restricted agents from their home. But the Post stuck by its investigative guns, saying: “That account is disputed by a law enforcement official familiar with the situation, who said the agents were kept out at the family’s request.”

I know in the Grand Scheme this is a small story, but just goes to show there’s no pettiness too small for a Trump to inflict.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
They deserve a special chocolate pie full of E. Coli.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly they've not read or seen "The Help," right, CWatts? That's everyone's first thought, and richly deserved.

Maryn, suspecting there's no bottom to the negatives about this family

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
There was this one Very Terrible reality tv show that I was super into for a very, very long time. One of the people fancied themselves a 1% and lived such a lifestyle, despite not having the money to support it at all, and one of the things she did was she was horrible to the camera crew. They were not allowed to use her bathrooms, so they had to rent a porta-potty and put it in the driveway for when they were filming. She also launched multiple businesses with her face all over it, said they were the #1 (thing) in America, so successful, but they all bombed and she refused to pay her lawyers or rent or anything. She eventually was fired from the show because she kept breaking contract and generally being impossible to work with. She also voted trump in 2016.

So yeah, seeing this story reminded me of her and how they're exactly the same type of people lol.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I just wonder how the hell they got an apartment in freakin' Kalorama for only $3000 per month!

But more seriously, yeah. Good riddance.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Gee, what a terrible shame it would be if Jared and Ivanka were attacked while most of their Secret Service people were out peeing in the bushes, or whatever alternative is available to them. Rich dumbasses don't seem to realize that you want your security team close enough to take a bullet (or a tomato) for you.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I've known folks who have worked at the kind of jobs where they must go into people's homes to do work--cable installers, plumbers, electricians etc.--and they have told me run across people who will not let them use the "facilities" more often than you'd think. I always show the bathroom to folks who will be working in my home for a while and offer them a drink of water, at least, because I know they are often driving from one job to the next without a break. I always assumed this was common courtesy, and it's also self serving I suppose, as the cable installer or whomever will get the job done faster if they can just take a bio break down the hall, rather than having to drive somewhere to find a public toilet. But some folks, and not all are even rich snobs, have some weird complex about treating someone performing a service as if they were a human being.

JimmyB27

Hoopy frood
Registered
Reaction score
In the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable e
Website
destinydeceived.wordpress.com
...the cable installer or whomever will get the job done faster if they can just take a bio break down the hall, rather than having to drive somewhere to find a public toilet.

I would have thought the opposite would be true. They'd be done a lot quicker if they need to get out of there because they're busting for a pee. On the flip side, they'd probably do a shitty (pun intended) job while rushing so they can go use a loo.