What is an Active Member?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLBeers

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
I see the term Active Member as a requirement for starting a thread or posting in some forums, however (I may have missed it) I cannot find the definition of that term.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
It's a contextual status. In other words, it's largely up to the mods of those forums to decide.

It's a requirement to reduce the number of people who join with the goal of exploiting the community through self-promotion, rather than becoming part of the community.

You might start by spending some time reading in those areas, particularly any FAQs or stickied posts. You might in particular take a look at the FAQs in this area particularly

Everything you Wanted to Know about Sigs

How Do I Promote On Absolute Write With Aplomb

FAQ: Why Can't I Read or Post To Share Your Work

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If you're trying to start a thread in the Share Your Work section, or attempting to find a beta reader in the Beta reader section, you must have a minimum of 50 posts before you can do so.

I see from your introductory post that you only joined an hour or so ago, so the moderator for the New Members section probably hasn't had an opportunity to give you an official welcome and some links for navigating the site - which will include more about the 50 post minimum.

And unofficially - welcome to AW!

Reactions: jjosuminded
Status
Not open for further replies.