New member, old author

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLBeers

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hello, yes I guess newbie is the proper term for me, but I feel kind of like a rookie cop who's twenty years older than the captain. I first tried my hand at writing fiction before Microsoft existed, yes, pen and paper and then a manual typewriter. The first efforts were, in a word awful. Hackneyed and cliched would be soft-pedaling it. Today I have two complete series, one epic fantasy which was the number one best-seller for 6 weeks on the Barnes and Noble ebook site back in 1996. The other series is at 11 books and I am currently writing the 12th. Several standalone and a short story collection are also floating about. Let's say north or south of twenty books total without checking.

The series I am currently working on is my rebuttal to the cliche'd world that urban fantasy has become. I call it Urban Farcity because it includes a lot of humor and a lot of tropes punched in the nose. Apparently, it turned out well because almost all reviews are five stars with a few four. About a year ago, book 6 was pirated and put up for sale on an Oriental website owned by the Chinese version of Amazon. When I found out about it and followed the link to the site, I saw the book cover, the price in that currency, and... over 53,000 ratings with about half that number of reviews, almost all five star. Pity Amazon doesn't allow reviews and ratings to be imported (sigh).

I do not follow politics, I am too old to bother with what the brats in Washington are up to. I do follow authors, they tend to have more intelligence.

Here is the link to my author site. I designed it as my degree was a master's in Graphic Art. I designed the book covers as well, a lot of Photoshop work and some "painting" with that nifty pen apple came up with. So much better than a drafting arm and triangles. https://robertleebeersauthor.squarespace.com

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Robert.

You'll find that AW is a vibrant writing community, chock full of writers at all stages of their writing journeys, as well as other industry pros, and many more besides. There is also a ton of information on all things publishing. No better writing resource out there than AW, in my opinion.

Take your time, get to know the place. It's well worth it to acclimate.

See you around the boards!
Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.