Michael Moore Foresees More Violence

Alvah

Life is what you make of it.
Registered
Reaction score
Michael Moore: The Terrorist Attack Is NOT Over. | Rumble with Michael Moore podcast | EP. 153 - YouTube

Michael Moore reports that posters have been put up in D.C. and some state capitols calling for
**armed** people to march and "take back our country". In other words, "bring your guns."

I wonder if the real reason Trump won't attend Biden and Harris's inaugurations is that he knows there will be a violent attack on the inauguration ceremony and he doesn't want his precious self to be injured by a bomb or stray bullet.

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think Trump's not going because he's a big baby who thinks stomping off to his room is going to make the big bad grown-ups think twice about making him mad.

But I do expect violence for quite some time. I think it will flare up again in 2022. We're in for a long, rough dangerous time.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Of course there will be more violence. Rupert Murdoch has beens sowing the seeds of the destruction of democracy for decades. These people, a huge number of people, believe in a completely different reality. Think a hybrid between The Troubles and the America Civil War. That's what we're in store for. Even if they instituted the fairness act and sued Murdoch into oblivion, the damage is done. Ain't nobody putting this fucking Humpty Dumpty republic back together again. I hope I'm wrong.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Micheal Moore foresees more violence? Carnac the Magnificent could foresee more violence.
These idiots have been encouraged for so long in so very many ways that it's going to take some effort to make them the pariahs they deserve to be.
It's not just current politics, it's 'stand your ground' laws, and gun toting, and all of that 'rugged individualist' crap that is incompatible with living in groups. Americans are no longer pioneers, living on the edges of civilization - some of you need to get over yourselves.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I suppose it's possible it crossed his mind, but I'm pretty sure he'd never attend the inauguration of a candidate who beat him anyway, even if all were calm and orderly. Drama, pouting, and flouncing are his style.

I do think many of his fanatics are taking the fact that he won't be there as an invitation to try to violently disrupt the ceremony, since they won't have to worry about inadvertently harming their Dear Leader.

The acting head of Homeland Security (Chad Wolf) is now stepping down. Hope they get someone who is worth a damn to fill in.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like Trump has just released a video urging "action" on January 20. He is calling for a great awakening. He is insane. The video keeps being taking down, of course. You can probably find it, but I won't link it. 25th his ass immediately.

ETA: This video could be faked, but I assure you many of his supporters are believing it.

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
It looks like Trump has just released a video urging "action" on January 20. He is calling for a great awakening. He is insane. The video keeps being taking down, of course. You can probably find it, but I won't link it. 25th his ass immediately.

ETA: This video could be faked, but I assure you many of his supporters are believing it.

This is a serious side effect of the current technology. Not only can fake videos and voice recordings convince people that someone did or said something they didn't, real evidence can be more easily discounted by those who want to believe it's fake.

I really wonder if a large part of the current issue is that people simply can't get their heads around technology. And by "get their heads around," I don't mean they explain it or use it, I mean they can't get their head around its ability to isolate groups in their own realities.

I so miss those days when everyone was hypothesizing that the internet would bring us closer together, because we'd all know more people from different parts of the country and world.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
My spouse and I saw something disturbing today as we were driving past a frontage road en route to picking his car up from its servicing: a line of people (all white and all male) out the door of the ammo depot. I've never noticed this before, though the ammo shop has been there for years.

I hope they are prepared downtown at the state Capitol in particular.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
I am sure the Capitol, or even most of Washington will be fine now. Trumpists are, and always have been, cowards. They will go for the target with least resistance. I think we can expect mass shootouts, or even bombings or lynchings against civilians.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
It's not the *rumpists that concern me. Those are the people who will fall away as they struggle to keep any kind of social media cohesion.

There's a small, very dangerous core of actual insurrectionists involved in all this, and they don't care about Parler or FB or coded messages in *rump's speeches. They're in this to do damage, and they're the ones I worry about.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.usnews.com/news/nationa...rized-to-use-lethal-force-in-aftermath-of-mob

THE 20,000 NATIONAL Guard troops preparing for pro-Trump demonstrations this weekend in the nation's capital will be armed and permitted to use lethal force, the headquarters overseeing them says, marking a striking escalation in the way authorities there are preparing for repeat violence after last week's deadly mob.

"On January 12, 2021, National Guardsmen were given authorization to be armed in support of the U.S. Capitol Police to protect the U.S. Capitol and individual members of Congress and their staff," according to a statement from the D.C. National Guard, which is commanding Guard forces in the city, including units deployed from six other states, to provide security for President-elect Joe Biden's inauguration next week.

A defense official confirmed the authorization includes permission for Guard troops to use lethal force.

The request came from federal authorities and was approved by Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy – who oversees D.C. Guard deployments since the District is not a state – indicating it was not a request from the local government.

I’m sure there were dedicated elements among the January 6 mob, and others like them, who were and are willing to die to achieve their goals. But I tend to think that most of the typical Meal Team 6 / Gravy Seals military-cosplay Trumper yahoos will be reluctant to face lethal force?

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I wonder if the real reason Trump won't attend Biden and Harris's inaugurations is that he knows there will be a violent attack on the inauguration ceremony and he doesn't want his precious self to be injured by a bomb or stray bullet.

It's almost certainly the reason he specifically announced he wouldn't be attending. There were insurrectionists planning attacks who were like "wait... but what if Trump's there? Wouldn't want him caught in the crossfire." His announcement let them know "I'm safe. Go nuts."

Under less volatile circumstances, I have no doubt he'd still pout in his room and refuse to attend, but in this particular instance, it's far more sinister.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Most of the mass shooters are not afraid to face lethal force *after* they have completed their rampage.

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree the most dangerous people involved are those hiding among the "average folks" supporting Trump. They are playing the common-folk supporters for fools, and perhaps even as human shields.

Fitting to his personality, Trump could (as this story says) want to leave DC early as president, not ex, and to not beg Air Force One from Biden. When he was planning to go to Scotland on that day, the speculation was he was trying to avoid criminal charges once he no longer has the protections of his office. Could be. I'm going to take some convincing and evidence that he's trying to avoid cross-fire of anti-Biden violence (I'd ask that of anyone claiming there was going to be anti-Trump violence), let alone behind it.

ETA: Don't get me wrong; I am certain the threat was not taken seriously, the response was delayed either out of complacency or willfully to "let them make their point," that far right groups are gaining in power, organization, and ferocity, and that they have many friends in high places. But as to who knew what and when and what they did to help directly of through inaction will need evidence. Which I think we will get.

Last edited: