Yet another Newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

WBWilson

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I'm new. At least new to this forum, old hand at other forums and this looks very familiar. My genres are Urban Fantasy and Middle Grade fantasy. Got one vampire book on Amazon and decided to go serious and now I'm looking for an agent. One of the things I hope to get from this forum is feedback on my wips. Living in the boonies of the Big Island of Hawaii during a pandemic is not conducive to the give and take of one on one conversation. It doesn't help that I do not have wifi and rely on my phones hotspot to power my visits to the internet.
Advice on navigating and how to jump in is welcome.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, WBWilson, the premier (imo) writing place on the web!

My advice would be to take your time looking around the forums. AW is big, with tons of nooks and crannies. It can be easy to get lost at first but it won't take you too long to acclimate and find the spots where you want to hang out.

As far as jumping in goes, if you find a conversation you find interesting, join in. Read the stickies, too. AW's number one rule is 'Respect Your Fellow Writer.' Abide by that and it's smooth sailing ahead!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

Last edited:

ProseJos

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. It's always nice to have another blessed mind and soul here. See you around.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Welcome! Glad to make your acquaintance, so to speak :)

There's lots and lots of great information, knowledge and good folks here so take a long look around and check out whatever catches your eye.

Most of all, have fun!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.