Allow myself to introduce...myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

New to Absolute Write, and looking forward to kickin' around on the boards and learning what I can from all of you beautiful people. At the moment, I write middle-grade fantasy and am knee-deep in querying agents for my MG Fantasy novel. I have an adult commercial fiction manuscript as well, and am querying that simultaneously with the MG manuscript.

In the dim recesses of my past, I wrote screenplays, and am the proud owner of roughly a dozen unproduced scripts. Had a great agent, but my only claim to fame is that Wes Craven once passed on a script of mine because he thought it was too dark ;).

Glad to be a part of this great writing community, and am hoping to pick up some good advice on the journey.

See you on the boards!

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Welcome!

I would love to read the screenplay that Wes Craven found too dark! It simply has to be awesome.

You've come to a wonderful site, a fountain of knowledge, with super folks in abundance.

Happy querying! And remember to have fun!

sphynge

Registered
Reaction score
I bow to you for having completed that many works! Sending all the positive vibes for your latest endeavors.

Fellow newbie with no completed works 📇

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, The Shimmer!

You won't find a better online writing hangout than AW, in my opinion. Great community and an amazing resource. Tons of SFF writers here, and a fair few screenwriters.

Make yourself at home and happy writing!
Izz

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

The Shimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the welcoming messages, everyone. Glad to be swimming in the same pool with all of you, and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from the community. Again, I'm querying MG Fantasy and an Adult Commercial Fiction manuscript, so if anyone has a suggestion as to which corner of AW I might benefit from poking around in, I'd appreciate your input. Thank you!

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Thanks for all of the welcoming messages, everyone. Glad to be swimming in the same pool with all of you, and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can from the community. Again, I'm querying MG Fantasy and an Adult Commercial Fiction manuscript, so if anyone has a suggestion as to which corner of AW I might benefit from poking around in, I'd appreciate your input. Thank you!
The Share Your Work Section of the boards might be what you're after, specifically Query Letter Hell.

The password to get in there is 'Vista'. There is a 50-post minimum requirement before you can start a thread but you can certainly participate in threads before then. Please read the stickies before diving in to get a feel for the space.

The Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check board is also an invaluable resource for learning more about potential publishers and agents. The Publishing forum and sub-forums are also excellent.

Have fun :D

Gilitrutt

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW!

ooohh I love Wes Crave, dying to see that manuscript haha :) Good luck with everything, see you around!

Status
Not open for further replies.