Happy to be here,

Status
Not open for further replies.

E. Stirling

Reconstructing Yard No. 400.
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all, after much thought I finally decided to reach out and find a place to talk about my pastime of recreational writing. I am very pleased to be here, I hope all is well all around the world wherever you are.

In the meantime I am sure to ask many obvious questions, ask for critic on samples of my terrible writing and make my share of poorly timed jokes with missed punch lines. But all in good jest!

Anyways, thank you to the staff for allowing me to join and I look forward to meeting many talented and passionate writers from all walks of life.

-Kind Regards, E.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Welcome! :)

(And I fixed your moniker for ya, as per your emailed request...)

E. Stirling

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you so much for that by the way, as you can imagine it was a bit awkward joining a writing forum only to misspell your own name lol.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Thank you so much for that by the way, as you can imagine it was a bit awkward joining a writing forum only to misspell your own name lol.

You'd be surprised how many people that happens to. :D

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, E!

As you've already seen, it's a great place to be. AW has an awesome community and an enormous cache of knowledge regarding all things writing. There is no better writing hangout on the interwebs, in my opinion.

See you around the boards!
Izz

E. Stirling

Registered
Reaction score
I am glad to be here, I hope I get to share my writing and experience others! Learn and hone this hobby of mine!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

E. Stirling

Registered
Reaction score
I will definitely give the associated materials about the forum a read, I went over them a bit whilst joining but knowledge is key. Anyways look forward to seeing everyone around!

I am happy with such a warm welcome!

JimmyB123

Registered
Reaction score
I will definitely give the associated materials about the forum a read, I went over them a bit whilst joining but knowledge is key. Anyways look forward to seeing everyone around!

I am happy with such a warm welcome!

Hey E. Awesome to have you here. I'm kind of new here too. So friendly...you'll love it, I'm sure. Between my wife and myself, we have a few books published with Amazon. You should post links to your book(s) in your signature if you are ready. I'd like to check it out. My book is a fantasy adventure and interested in the genre of your book. Anyway Welcome aboard fellow newbie...LOL Jim

Last edited:

E. Stirling

Registered
Reaction score
I am not a published author and am writing my first actual novel. I am not really doing this for any material gain although I would love to maybe have one of my stories published.

It's neat to talk to actual authors, being just a literary enthusiast for song I just figured it's time to try and bring these stories to light, and you if I can just maybe help one person find meaning in what I am working on. Then that is enough for me.

Also welcome yourself! I'm open to hearing about your story and road to becoming a author sometime. I find people's journeys fascinating in this field, and I look forward to seeing you around on the forums.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey E. Stirling! You seem very kind and amiable and I want to impart upon you a kind welcome! I hope you enjoy it here!

Status
Not open for further replies.