Giuliani: Let's have trial by combat

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like I ain't the only one who's been reading too much Game of Thrones. This is exactly the kind of dangerous thing I feared Trump and company could do.

President Donald Trump and his allies rallied with thousands of supporters near the White House Wednesday shortly before Congress was to begin counting the electoral votes that will make Joe Biden the next president.

Hours after a humiliating defeat in one Georgia Senate race and the prospect of losing another, Team Trump showed no sign of conceding. Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani once again raised allegations of widespread election fraud – which he said also occurred in the Georgia Senate runoff elections.

'If we're wrong we will be made fools of, but if we're right a lot of them will go to jail. Let's have trial by combat,' he said, without explaining exactly what he meant by combat.

Last edited:

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If they to openly overthrow the Biden presidency, they’ll get their wish for combat.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rudy is a crazy man. But not so crazy he won't charge Trump some $20,000 a day in legal fees. What's that money bought Donald? 59 losses and one win in state, federal and the Supreme Court.

Sad!

With a record like that Rudy and his cheap hair dye should be interviewing for the head coach gig with the N.Y. Jets. Sucking at your job as bad as Rudy does means you're a failure as a lawyer, but a raging success as a pimp.

Did I say 'pimp?' Yes. Yes, I did, because it is true.

Rudy is a pimp and Donald is his whore.

And both are about to become irrelevant. Fuck them both. No time for losers.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Remember when The Chamberlain called for Trial by Stone and got his scaly butt handed to him in The Dark Crystal? Maybe Giuliani could learn something from that.

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Uh, guys...? The protesters are inside Capitol Building. The people inside the Senate Chamber have been told to hide under their chairs.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
And insurrectionists are gonna insurrect.

This is a coup attempt. Many of these people are armed.

There had better be serious criminal charges following this. And perhaps a re-thinking about turning a blind eye to guns at protests (as long as protesters are White)?

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
A woman, apparently one of the protesters, has been shot in the neck and rushed out in a stretcher. Looks bad...

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
There had better be serious criminal charges following this. And perhaps a re-thinking about turning a blind eye to guns at protests (as long as protesters are White)?
Well, between the maskless idiots and the ones taking selfies, not to mention the press, it shouldn't be hard to identify some of them. Then, tell those ones that they're taking all the blame unless they name others. Round them all up, I'll bet there's space in Siberia. Or, Chinese prison camps. If they don't like it here, send them elsewhere.

Because you're right - if these had been POC protesters, they would have been met with big dogs and National Guardsmen just waiting for the order to fire on the crowd.

One good thing - apparently Twitter has banned Trump for 12 hours. Why don't all the social media sites do that, permanently, he will be starved of his oxygen: publicity.

Or, you could just starve him of oxygen?

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
These people are nothing if not predictable. The lie that the "bad" protesters who broke into the Capitol were *really* antifa has already made it around the world three times while the truth is methodically plodding down the driveway. I've already seen the claims on social media, and it's being parroted by the protesters who are still lingering in the Capitol Mall like one of Rudy Giuliani's farts.

This is even less surprising than the violence itself.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, between the maskless idiots and the ones taking selfies, not to mention the press, it shouldn't be hard to identify some of them.

NBC TALKING HEAD: "If they're actually taking selfies in the Capitol, they might be viewed as evidence."

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, even a teenage street thug knows enough to keep his mask on, and his hoodie pulled over his face. These idiots want to be caught, it's the only reasonable explanation.
I hope Twitter, Facebook and all ban images from the attack - or, segregate them neatly out and pass them on to the authorities. :evil

I know the US is a foriegn land, with it's own little ways, but 'Freedom of Speech' should end when you launch yourselves, by force, at the Capitol and the people therein.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
frimble3 said:
Because you're right - if these had been POC protesters, they would have been met with big dogs and National Guardsmen just waiting for the order to fire on the crowd.
We know that from direct evidence.

What if the DC rioters were Black? I think we know the answer
Today we saw police unprepared to deal with domestic white terrorists. In the summer, we saw peaceful protesters tear-gassed for the sake of a photo-op

I hope this gets addressed, loudly, and not swept under the rug with all the other important issues.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will always love the incredibly British way they walked through the foyer(?) between the red velvet rope lines, though.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I will always love the incredibly British way they walked through the foyer(?) between the red velvet rope lines, though.

It was bizarre. I wonder who set the ropes up or if that was the standard for tourists. It seemed like only one cop was keeping the line in order.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Forgot why I came by here in the first place. Giuliani made a statement about needing the certification to take until tomorrow night. I don't suppose any of you know what he was referring to?

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It was bizarre. I wonder who set the ropes up or if that was the standard for tourists. It seemed like only one cop was keeping the line in order.
I'm pretty sure that's the tourist standard. Which just undermines the bedlam and chaos I would have expected. Hasn't the NRA been planning for this moment for actual decades?

I don't know why today's events are so much worse than every day of the last four years, but there you go.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the NRA had their wings clipped when it was revealed the top membership were all on the take and a lot of the money they'd raised for years was coming from Russian sources.

They aren't gone, but they haven't risen from the ashes either.

Today's events were way worse than your average protest.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Today's events were way worse than your average protest.

MaeZe - c'mon. You must know I wasn't referring to protests. I'm referring to the damage done to democracy by Trump (and his enablers) every day since he got in - and going back well before.

Cut me some slack, girl ;)

Last edited:

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I read or hear these assholes called "protestors" one more time I'm going to lose my cool.

Martin Luther King Jr. led protestors. College students were protestors against the Vietnam War. Women were protestors for the right to vote and the Equal Rights Amendment.

This rabble? Call them insurrectionists or anarchists or terrorists, but don't call them fucking protestors. It's an inaccurate and inapplicable application of the term and it legitimizes White domestic terrorism. Just like that creep in Nashville who set out the RV bomb and blew his own ass to Kingdom Come and wrecked 41 buildings in the process.

Stop legitimizing acts of domestic terrorism by calling Black teens burning a CVS "rioters," but bearded, beer-gut White biker types are "protestors" for storming the U.S. Capitol. Words matter. Not just Trump's, but our own.

Last edited:

ConnorMuldowney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
connormuldowneydigitalshowcase.wordpress.com
The Capitol was taken over by armed terrorists yesterday. I live in D.C., and we were put under curfew. If foreign terrorists took our Capitol hostage with such ease, we would (rightfully) feel dominated, conquered, and humiliated. However, America sucks at dealing with domestic terrorism. The only way this could have happened is if security practically let them in, which they did, because we REFUSE to accept the fact that we have a white terrorism problem in this country.

I have no insight or inside information to add. I'm just so angry. Republicans knew this was the inevitable outcome. They knew Trump was a fascist. You can't close Pandora's box once it's been opened. We're well beyond the point of "coming together," and "healing as a nation," whatever that even means.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Round them all up, I'll bet there's space in Siberia. Or, Chinese prison camps.

Why would we want them? Can we send you our political idiots, please?
Also, specifically mentioning Siberia or China seems... suspect?