business leadership terminology

rosehips

Mr. Boo is watching you.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.upwork.com
This is weird, I thought I posted this question already, but then I had an accident a couple of weeks ago and forgot all about it...anyway, I apologize if I did and you're seeing it again. I did a search and nothing came up.
I'm struggling a bit with some vocabulary. I'm writing a billionaire romance, which is new to me (I'm a ghost) and I just don't know that much about business terms, even fairly basic ones. Not sure what the right titles are for certain positions as well as the right way to describe the organization of businesses.
Okay, so, MC's dad is very rich. Let's call him Mr. Rich. Mr. Rich owns a number of global food companies. Mr. Rich's older son, Rich JR (MC's brother) manages three of these. MC wants to be given one to manage.
So, the questions:
  • Is it more correct to say that Mr. Rich owns several global food companies, or that he owns one with several subsidiary companies? If you don't mind, please tell me the phrasing I should use in maybe a couple of different ways. Google isn't helping me with this probably because I don't really know what to search.
  • What is Rich JR's title? Is he a CEO? It's important for him to be in charge of several companies because he's super overworked and MC is jealous because he's got three and MC has none. So part of where I feel uncertain, is that I don't think you can be CEO of more than one company. Any advice on how to handle this?
  • What is the position MC wants? Is it CEO?
Thank you very much in advance, and again, I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Hi again! It's actually better that you reposted because you have some more specific questions this time.

I just Googled 'Kraft foods business leadership' and the top item is 'Leadership Team Kraft Heinz'. It gives the title and role of all the mucky-mucks.

It's a global food company so it should give you plenty of, um, food for thought :D

Good luck and happy writing!

sphynge

Registered
Reaction score
I’d have him own a waterfall of LLCs, there’s a reason Uber rich people have a ton of them (tax reasons). And I’d have him be chairman of the board, this way he has all the info and can decide if we wants to be a mere operator or a puppet master or both.
Experience: lots of exec experience and working for multi billionaires.