Hello. New Guy here...please be patient LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyB123

Registered
Reaction score
Hey I'm JimmyB and new to this board. Actually new to most as I haven't really signed up to many in my days. I'm from Essex Ontario Canada and just want to say HI. Pamela (my wife of 46 years) and I are authors published by Amazon Kindle. We're interested in joining the community. When I figure everything out we'll be posting the names of our books in the signature area.
Looking forward to spending some time surfing this board and meeting other authors.
Have a great day
And Stay safe!!!!
Pam & Jim

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, JimmyB123 - and Pam. :e2flowers I look forward to hearing about your books.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, JimmyB123, and welcome. If Pam wants to be active here independent of you (and after 46 years, she's earned some alone-time, right?), she should probably have her own account. (You can do it, Pam! I'm not at all tech and look at me posting.)

It's perhaps premature, but it's a pleasure to meet you both.

Maryn, who used to live closer to Ontario than she does now

JimmyB123

Registered
Reaction score
Well my wifes' book is called "Mother Knows: The Next Panedmic". It's about a young womans' quiet endurance of pain, The pandemic didn’t start with Samantha, but reluctantly she was the first to go public. World-wide, the people were starving and suffering tremendous pain whenever they (....), but little was being done by the professionals. Misdiagnoses’ were running rampant and eventually everyone was forced to suffer in silence, or undergo the unwanted consequences.
Grudgingly, Samantha spoke to individuals that also needed help and this started her personal domino effect. Does she figure out a cure? Why is the whole world suffering in silence with the same affliction? Hmmmm...

My book is called "The Accidental Brotherhood". It began as a family backpacking expedition, treking on one of the most obscure hiking trails in the country. Little did we know about the endurance of the Groffins...the Perth, and the haunting particulars of how our insignificant walkabout would close. As fate would have it, we were enticed to follow the troubled creature into a dimension as no one has ever imagined. Our extraordinary abilities, coupled with the telepathic powers of the Groffins contributed to tangled adventure.

OOPS got carried away...LOL
Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I didn't add links to our books in my 'signature' (only text), as I assumed that it is tied in to my 50 post thingy. When I saved the signature, I saw the note below with what what was acceptable. It read "HTML code = NO. Please confirm if my analogy is correct.
Thanks again
Have a great & Safe Day
Pam & Jim

JimmyB123

Registered
Reaction score
Ok you guys replied as I was typing the last comment.
Well Pam hates computers, but if it's not right I'll remove her stuff from here. I'm slowly prodding her (nicely of course) to post to her blog (Which I setup for her), and it's not happening. She's so very busy writing her next book and leaving the fun stuff to me. I know she won't be able to get to it. I understand if it is against your policy. I viewed the newbie rules and it did say that I couldn't promote another author, but since it is my wife, I thought it was alright.
No problem
Jim

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, JimmyB.

You've made a great writing community choice, in my opinion. AW is pretty big, both in terms of available resources and active community, so can be pretty daunting but it's definitely worth the effort to acclimate. You and Pam will love it here, I'm sure!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey that seems really cool and I hope you want to be a part of this community! :)

Welcome in! :D

SapereAude

Registered
Reaction score
JimmyB, speaking (okay, okay, "writing") as someone who is currently a moderator on three Internet forums and who was a moderator on a fourth, it becomes very confusing when a person posts using someone else's account. It's also against the rules on most forums, but I don't know if that applies here. IMHO, if your wife wants to post here, she should establish her own account and post as herself.

I should also mention that when I clicked the link to your web site, my browser balked. I got an error message saying something about the site not being configured correctly, and not secure. I didn't attempt to go any farther than that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.