Reading Challenges

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
There are a number of fun, interesting and very active reading challenges on AW. They include the AW 2021 Short-Story Reading challenge, the 2021 AW Reading Challenge, the YA One Hundred Books challenge . . . among others.

I'm going to track my reading this year. I usually do it on paper, and am a bit haphazard about tracking it online. Both LibraryThing and Goodreads allow you to track your reading, and to participate in a variety of reading challenges. They also allow you to interact with other other readers in various groups or communities. You might have noticed that there's a field on your AW Profile (see your Settings) where you can enter your Goodreads or LibraryThing profile link, if you want.

Also I noticed a helpful article on LifeHacker about How to Set and Keep Your Reading Goal.

If you want to track your reading privately, you can use a notebook like I do, you can use your reading as a journaling inspiration and fulfill both a writing goal and a reading goal, whether you journal in the form of a common place book, or a more formal reading log or reading journal, or just use what you've read as a jumping off point for a contemplative mind dump.

Lakey

professional dilettante
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I am on Goodreads, but I have heard recently of another tracking-plus-social service called StoryGraph. Some of my friends are migrating to it as a way to get out of Amazon’s orbit (Amazon owns Goodreads). I’ve heard that it’s possible to import your Goodreads history into it so you won’t lose everything you’ve tracked and written to date. I have not looked into it yet myself, but here is an article about it.

:e2coffee:

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I am on Goodreads, but I have heard recently of another tracking-plus-social service called StoryGraph. Some of my friends are migrating to it as a way to get out of Amazon’s orbit (Amazon owns Goodreads). I’ve heard that it’s possible to import your Goodreads history into it so you won’t lose everything you’ve tracked and written to date. I have not looked into it yet myself, but here is an article about it.

I'm there. It's more about finding a book to read than tracking, though you can track books.

The import is more about recommending books you might like, based on the way books you've read are tagged by their database which tracks "moods" of books based on reader tags.

https://www.thestorygraph.com

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll have to check out storygraph. Both Amazon and my local library site tend to steer me toward the hottest sellers/longest waiting list (high correlation there!) which makes it hard for me to find the more hidden gems I tend to get the most out of.