ProWritingAid, just starting and marrooned already!

Winfred

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! In ProWritingAid (PWA) free trial I put in about 8 hrs of work on 3 chapters of an already existing novel I wrote in Open Office. Open Office is now called LibreOffice (LO). Now that I've joined, I try to merge each chapter with my larger work because once you join there is no word limit to load in like there is with the free trial. When I try to load in one chapter corrected in free trial with my whole novel in LO it erases all the rest of the novel and just leaves the one corrected chapter. In other words it won't let me merge in what I've worked on in the free trial with the rest of my novel in LO. With all those hours of work I don't want to just toss it out. I tried the FAQ's, also did a "Help search" from several angles, and nothing. I emailed a Help person 3 days ago, but no response. I would like to work right away at my novel because I have a time constraint I'm trying to stick to with a formatting service. Any help would be appreciated. I should also say PWA supports or is connected to LO. The reason I joined of course is because I really like PWA. PWA found a lot of errors 3 paid freelance editors never found.

Last edited:

SapereAude

Registered
Reaction score
So you are taking a chapter file from PWA and trying to splice it back into the master file in Libre Office?

How are you importing the corrected file into Libre Office?