"Hello" (A hand snakes out from under the bed and shakes your exposed foot)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horrorschach

Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad to be here, yes indeed.
I'm so very new to this sort of thing...but I like to read and I am developing a fondness for writing.

I am looking for a site to haunt. Maybe this will be my final stomping ground, perhaps I'm just gonna hobo a little further...who knows.
I am polishing the rocks of horror and science fiction at this time. While I admire all the other shiny baubles I confess my passion rarely bleeds into other genres.
I'm happy to read and review horrific (as in scary) tales and ingest binary bleeps commonly found in science fiction.
If you would like another set of eyes (perhaps even the ones still attached to my face) I'd be happy to take a look-see.

EVENTUALLY, I'd like to establish writing a relationship with some pen pals (or the hip phrase "accountability partners") who share similar tastes to my own.
We will break our legs on the pitfalls of our stories.
We will celebrate where readers mourn.
...please be patient with me as I build up momentum. Engineering pays the bills so my default state is not romancing the written word. It takes me a good fifteen minutes of mental flatline to switch gears.
I'm an INTJ Virgo with more vices than home depot.

Let's see here... (runs his finger down the "Writing your introductory post" thread)
Oh yes, hobbies.
I own 7 tarantulas and my knowledge involving invertebrates is above average.
I am good with electronics and circuit theory...
I voraciously digest all forms of horror media. Let me know if your well runs dry and I'll try to help! Or...if you have something you'd like to share I'm all eyes (blinks them in unison).

That's about all. I apologize for the semi-informal meeting.
Please dont hesitate to shake my foot if you have the itch to do so.

~M

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
Welcome! Happy to semi-informally meet you :D

I am also a fan of horror, though my tastes do stray quite a bit in every direction.

I think you'll enjoy your stay here with us...just make sure your shoes are tied, there's things lurking that love to trip up unsuspecting meat, er, folks...heh, heh.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Horrorschach :)

If you're looking for a place to improve your writing skills, then look no further! AW is, in my opinion, the premier writing resource on the interwebs. It's just full of juiciness. There are plenty of SF and horror writers here, and the community is very active.

See you around the boards!
Izz

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aaaahhh! Aaaah! Kill it, kill it! :scared::deadhorse:flamethrower

Oh. Uh. Hello?

Horrorschach

Registered
Reaction score
druid12000- Thank you! In all honesty I'm beginning to put my head to work on a horror and sci-fi duality. I respect your desire to branch out to other topics...but you know where to find me if you want to talk turkey. As for tripping...here's hoping the concussion knocks some sense into me!

regdog- Thank you and roger that! I have no intention of making a stir (outside of thought-provoking discussions).

Izz- Thank you and yes, I've noticed the hive of activity on here. Looks to be a healthy and happy environment for misfit toys and writers. ;) I'm still getting my bearings, though, so humor me while I wander around and peek into random nooks.

Introversion- *winces* Ah. Yes, hello. *slowly withdraws the battered hand from view* Apologies. I wanted a reaction and this certainly counts as a valid response. I mean you no harm. Just a foundling fumbling about in the expanse of his newly acquired haunting grounds. If you'd like to chat at some point just leave a note on the floor. I'll find it.

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
hello and welcome! it sounds like your style of writing well suits this genre. I just read a short story titled "wild swimming". It won a Stephen King horror contest. Phenomenal.

Horrorschach

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! Also, thank you for mentioning Wild Swimming. I will check it out after work tonight!
Always eager to dive into recommended items of horror. See you on the other side.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings Horrorschach!

Your avi looks like a big tarantula! :O

I'm a mild bit of the uh...."run away" at tarantula's kind.

But I do enjoy my horror. I really like Stephen King, Lovecraft, Clive Barker, and other horror writers.

Pleased to meet you!

Status
Not open for further replies.