A Sticky Dilemma

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is anyone else finding stacked stickies at the top of this forum off-putting? Depending on the device I'm using, sometimes I don't see any thread with new content until I scroll down past the stickies.

For that reason, I'm considering moving the stickies of practice threads from any year earlier than 2020 to Share Your Work-Erotica. They'll still be there for anyone who wants to see them, but no longer cluttering the top of this board. My concern is that they would then be behind a password, and not everyone has it. New arrivals would not realize there are writing prompts/practice threads to be found elsewhere.

Any thoughts?

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are stacks of stickies at the tops of a lot of forums I vist here; Erotica's actually less cluttered than SF/F, for example. So it doesn't bother me (or at least, it's something I'm used to dealing with on AW in general).

Not sure how it would strike a newbie, though again, if that's going to be an obstacle for them, they're going to have trouble with more than just this forum.

Do the old practice threads get much in the way of views? If a lot of people are looking, probably best not to move them behind a password-wall. If nobody's reading them anyway, moving them shouldn't hurt.