• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

CLOSED. Beta reader for YA thriller/mystery - 82k

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaggyCat

Registered
Reaction score
*UPDATE*
I'm not looking for betas anymore, so please don't respond to this thread. Thank you.

Hi all,

I'm seeking beta readers for my YA thriller/mystery, complete at 82,000.

I am agented and traditionally published, but would like readers for this manuscript before sending it onto my agent.

What I'm looking for - general feedback on plot, characterisation, what works and what doesn't, any inconsistencies or confusion would be great. No need for LBL or micro comments on grammar, etc. It would be great to find a beta who reads and is familiar with YA, even if that isn't what they primarily write. And I'd ideally like someone who is happy to read the whole book, as one of my areas of concern is how successful the mystery is as a whole.

I'm likely to be tied up with another project in Jan and Feb, so there isn't a need for a really speedy read. I would consider a swap, whether it's now or in the future (I read MG, YA and Adult). And I'm happy to send a few chapters initially so any potential betas can see if they gel with the story and want to read on.

The first 1.3k is posted in YA SYW, link in my signature.

Thanks in advance! Happy to take questions via PM.

Last edited:

sphynge

Registered
Reaction score
I'm down for it. Tried to click on the link but got an "admin required password" gate. Tried to PM you but it said you've exceeded your stored PMs... would love to help. PM me I guess? One of the questions i had was how to best mark the MS for exact spots where I'm confused or have questions. Word doc?

Last edited:

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I'm down for it. Tried to click on the link but got an "admin required password" gate. Tried to PM you but it said you've exceeded your stored PMs... would love to help. PM me I guess? One of the questions i had was how to best mark the MS for exact spots where I'm confused or have questions. Word doc?

Crits or critiques are pretty special, and have their own sub forum called Share Your Work (SYW). You need 50 posts to start a new thread in SYW. It's password protected to prevent it being indexed/searched.

The password for Share Your Work is vista. It's listed on the top page of the forum.

There's also an FAQ listing passwords.

sphynge

Registered
Reaction score
I now realize that it was linked to that and was the password - thanks for quickly pointing that out!
And to clarify - I was offering to read, not post. Hope I’m not misunderstanding. If you also need 50 posts for feedback, I will continue lurking and enjoying threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.