• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

K.B.R.

Nothing clever to say...
Registered
Reaction score
Wondering if Emualde or Miamyselfandi ever heard anything...? I sent a query to Ms. Baker-Baughman in January and got a request for a full a day later, which I promptly sent. She said she couldn't wait to read it; however, after a few months of not hearing anything, I sent a follow-up email in June. No response. I assumed no answer meant rejection, but everything I've read on her says she is very good at responding. Is it possible she just hasn't read it yet, but is still planning to??

Emualde

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I did finally get my R, almost at the seven month mark. She never answered my nudges but she did say in her final email that she got them. She apologized for the delay which was very curteous of her.

K.B.R.

Nothing clever to say...
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting... Guess there's no sense in me sending another nudge; I'll just wait. A few days from now, it'll be eleven months exactly...

Last edited:

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Ms. Baker-Baughman on May 16, no response as of yet. Missing a couple of other responses from that day, though, so I'm starting to suspect email gremlins.

Tolstoyce

The glint of light on broken glass
Registered
Reaction score
Bernadette is caught up with all queries as of yesterday, according to Query Tracker. So if you haven't gotten a response, you should re-send.

Query Sent: 8/28
Form Rejection: 8/29

She's really fast!

IanTHealy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ianthealy.com
Bernadette requested a full from my coauthor and me on 6/26 with a 2 week exclusive. That's the last we heard from her. She wouldn't reply to our follow up emails, sent after waiting a generous three months. We are pretty disappointed with this lack of professionalism. Even a "I'm sorry, I haven't gotten to it yet" or even "Thanks, but this isn't for me" would have been better than a stony silence.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Victoria on 9/12, got a full request on 9/14, and a polite rejection with a little feedback on 10/3. A fast turnaround on the full, and a very professional agent. I'll definitely be querying her in the future with other projects.

BBBaughman

Registered
Reaction score
Bernadette requested a full from my coauthor and me on 6/26 with a 2 week exclusive. That's the last we heard from her. She wouldn't reply to our follow up emails, sent after waiting a generous three months. We are pretty disappointed with this lack of professionalism. Even a "I'm sorry, I haven't gotten to it yet" or even "Thanks, but this isn't for me" would have been better than a stony silence.
Dear Ian,
I reply to all submissions, especially things I request on exclusive. If you've not heard from me then I suspect your email did not make it to me. Please feel free to reach out to me via email again. We are still catching up on all emails that came in during last week's storm when we were offline.

All my best,
~Bernadette

korrinblue

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.korrinblue.blogspot.com
I submitted a requested full to Bernadette on 1/7/13 and received an acknowledgment of receipt within an hour. On 1/11/13 she politely passed on the manuscript with a few personal comments. I should probably add that this was six months after the Willamette Writer's Conference last August where she initially requested the full, which was not completed - a newbie mistake that she graciously overlooked.

DPRichard

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Queried with first three chapters on 1/20.

Passed on 1/22.

*sigh*

S. L. Saboviec

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saboviec.com
Does anyone know if this is a "rejection by one is a rejection by all" agency? I haven't found anything to indicate that it is, but they ask to submit to a general query mailbox. Bernadette sent me an R, but Chris Kepner also reps fantasy (and I've rewritten my query letter).

Liz_V

Not my first rodeo.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
E-queried Bernadette Baker-Baughman 3/7/14.
Form R 3/10.

Politely prompt. Oh well. Onward.

Lindie_D

Registered
Reaction score
24 Hour turn around on a query. Sure, it was a rejection, but I still appreciate the speediness of the response.

cmonica9

Registered
Reaction score
I'm represented by VS&A! I signed last month, and, after some minor revisions, they said they plan on pitching it to editors in September. Victoria seems like she's on top of her game as an agent. Very professional.

My novel is YA horror/thriller with paranormal elements. Not multi-cultural at all, so she seems open to a lot of different things, I think.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
Ugh; I queried Victoria with the required 25 pages or 3 chapters. It came to 26 pages, which was fine. But I kept calling them 3 chapters when they were only TWO chapters. Didn't realize until after I hit Send, of course. *smacks forehead*

ETA: Aaaannnd a quick rejection arrived today. *sigh*

Last edited:

Cel_Fleur

Braving the query mountains
Registered
Reaction score
Throwing my own hat into the ring... Let's see.

XSnapdragonx

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone had any recent experiences with Bernadette?

LBrickell

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria Sanders or Jenny Bent

Thoughts on these two agents? Clearly, they're both reputable and spectacular.

If you had offers from each of them, which would you go with and why?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Please keep questions to an agent's specific thread. I've merged your question into Ms. Sanders'. Please consult the Index for Jenny Bent.