• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

ISO Swap (or Beta) for Psychological Tech-Thriller (~75K words)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UntoldStoryteller

Registered
Reaction score
Hi gang,

Looking for a swap or a beta for a ~75K psychological tech-thriller. I’d love to return the favor if possible, so prefer a swap, but won’t say no to a beta. :-D I have a decade of editing/freelance experience, so comfortable giving notes in line and/or at the conceptual level if that’s of interest to you.

As for me, I’m in that phase where my manuscript is “done” but not “done-done,” if you know what I mean. I’ve had some eyeballs on it, but want to go a little deeper pre-query. Suspecting my betas have been a little too nice (erring on the side of “encouraging guide” rather than “earnest critique”) and seeking some constructive feedback.

The story follows Ava, a rising tech executive, as she receives coaching from a mysterious mentor. When she unwittingly finds herself knee-deep in the dark web, she begins to suspect her mentor isn’t who he says he is. She spirals into paranoia, racing to outwit him before someone gets hurt ... or worse, killed. Ultimately, the story reframes the Phantom of the Opera against our world of GPS tracking, social media, and inescapable data trails if Christine worked at a technology think tank and the Phantom were a hacker in the wings.

DM or reply if you’re game. And as always ... thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.