• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

AmazeBookReviews / EazyBookTours

Kate JR

Registered
Reaction score
Please all, beware of this scam. They are one and the same with exactly the same wording on each website.

Their attention was drawn to me by someone who messaged me on my Facebook page. He'd seen one of my books reviewed on there and asked me if they were legitimate. I sent them a message probably via their online form and also to ask how they had one of my books reviewed on their site.

Next thing, I'm getting a few emails asking me if I want my book reviewed from dodgy email addresses. Bit annoyed because that email address doesn't get much spam. No matter, it's done now.

But then the message to me on FB disappeared. Luckily, I remembered the name of the person. I saw the book he'd mentioned in his message to me and as his page was public on FB I tagged him about it. Thing is, that thread was dated 2019. I sent him a PM but he's not 'seen' it or is pretending not to have. Either that or he's been the victim of a hack. I've no way of finding out although I did report his message to FB.

I've no idea how to get the bogus book review removed or where it came from - the review itself did ring a bell and maybe have come from a book blogger.

Anyway, just thought I'd warn others as there's nothing much on the web, except this thread on Goodreads which a Google search led me to:

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/21736364-is-ezybooktours-dot-com-legitimate

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
You could try searching for phrases from the review and track down the original reviewer. Then let them know the review was stolen, as they're the one who owns the copyright and can send out takedown notices. Given what it says on the Goodreads thread, it does look like this was a way to get you to see the site and sign up for their services.

To document what it says on Goodreads (especially considering that it's down as I type this), the overall complaint is that a person who paid for the services had their book uploaded to pirate sites and didn't get the promised reviews. Then was rating bombed in retaliation when they got a refund through PayPal.

Kate JR

Registered
Reaction score
Blimey, I didn't see that about the retaliation or maybe I have just forgotten. Apologies, Polenth, I've only just found your reply when posting something else. I must remember to subscribe to threads. But yes, I'm been somewhat spammed by reviewers now in one of my email addresses.

I did try and look for the original review that had been pirated but couldn't track it down :Shrug:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Whatever they were, they're gone now.