Hi there

Status
Not open for further replies.

MothByNight

Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Hi there,

I'm Moth and I am new around here, so I thought I should pop in and introduce myself.

I have been writing forever and it's really nice to have a community of people to talk writing with. I tend to be a bit of a loner so I'm trying to break myself out of my shell and actually participate rather than just lurking.

I write mostly adult speculative fiction but I'll write anything that takes my fancy, really.

:e2writer:

At the moment I am playing with a middle grade fantasy/fairytale retelling that is pure fun, which is exactly what I need right now. I'm also an avid reader and am finally getting through my to be read pile again after all this year's disruption.

Nice to meet you all! :)

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, MothByNight.

Plenty for you to circle around here in this massive site.

:welcome:.

Bufty:snoopy:

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome to AW, Moth!

Don't worry, there are plenty of other natural loners on the boards. Seems like many writers tend towards being introverts. Who would've guessed? :D

As far as AW goes, in my opinion, it's the best writing resource on the interwebs so you've made a great choice to join up. It's a large community, too, with a lot of different personalities, but don't let that put you off. There are plenty of corners to hang out in :)

See you around the boards (I hang out mostly here saying hi to newbs and in the Sci-fi/Fantasy section of Share Your Work)!
Izz

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome MothByNight!

It's a good place. I hope you like it here.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

Faraway_

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Moth,

I'm also new but already pleasantly surprised at all the activity going round here. I also tend towards the speculative so I'm looking forward to reading and talking about whatever you get to posting!

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

Good to see that you you are working on something purely for fun. That's essential sometimes. I'm curious as to some of the works in your reading pile? All the best and hope this site is useful for writing and mental well being.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to AW. Hope you had a happy Christmas!

MothByNight

Registered
Reaction score
I'm curious as to some of the works in your reading pile?

I've just finished Lee Child's The Sentinel and Rena Rossner's Sisters of the Winter Wood.

Top at the pile at moment are:

Beneath the Rising - Premee Mohamed
Shadow of the Fox trilogy - Julie Kagawa
Eight will Fall - Sarah Harian
The Vanished Birds - Simon Jimenez
The Return of a King - William Dalrymple (non-fiction)

Fortunately, I read fast, because the list is very, very long. :e2teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.