• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking critique partner for literary lgbtq novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicLibrary

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I’m looking for a critique partner to bounce ideas off of as I revise a literary lgbt novel. It’s a coming of age/coming out story.

I’d really love feedback from anyone who wants to swap chapters or just chat about writing. I often write more speculative work, so happy to work with you if you’re writing in another genre too!

I’ve written complete novels in the past, which are on submission now, and that’s the goal with this project too. I have a rough first draft and would really like a fresh perspective as I tighten the novel in the new year. It would be really nice to work with someone who is working on a project at a similar stage, but really I’d be happy to work with anyone who’s interested, so let me know if you’d like to swap chapters, or just talk through what we’re writing :)

UntoldStoryteller

Registered
Reaction score
Hey CosmicLibrary,

I'm game. I just finished a draft of a tech thriller/suspence and would love to swap, brainstorm, and be a beta for you. Although my work isn't LGBT-focused, I love speculative fiction and I love seeing heroes that bring broader representation to the forefront of our imaginations.

Like you, I'm hoping to tighten for submission in the new year and would love a fresh set of eyes. It's come to my attention that my beta may be a bit soft on critique because she knows me IRL.

DM me if you're interested!

guppie1813

Registered
Reaction score
Cosmic, I'd love to read for you. Sent you a PM

sybilgrahn

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Cosmic! I am happy to swap. I’ve written an LGBTQ coming-of-age story as well so we could potentially be a decent match for swapping. I am looking for someone to do a full read of mine so if you aren’t up for it I totally understand but I would still be happy to read for you and do chapter swaps. Lemme know.

Status
Not open for further replies.