• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta or Mentor for Fantasy Novel - The Rise and Fall of the Forever King

Status
Not open for further replies.

clawyer80

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I've written a few novels, and while I believe the concepts and stories are pretty good, after a few recent postings in the SYW subform, I've realized that the writing is pretty rough. I'd love to have someone read The Rise and Fall of the Forever King. It's the first novel I'm working to push. It's a pretty long read at around 170K, and like I'd said the writing is pretty rough by the standards of more seasoned writers. Still, I'd like feedback on the story itself, which means the reader would have to be able to push through it even if he or she is a little turned off by the writing style.

Ideally, if there is someone that likes helping others craft their work and improve their writing, I'd love to work with that person. I know that's probably a big ask, but I figure this site is the right place to ask. I'll leave a short summary below, and if anyone is interested in maybe reading the first chapter to see if they'd be willing to commit to reading the full thing, you can just drop me a PM. Thanks for the consideration.

The tale of the Forever King is a high fantasy story set in a world filled with elves, trolls, and dragons that explores friendships and rivalries, war and peace, indulgence and sacrifice, all through the life of one man.

Set Agamanu finds himself thrust into situation after situation where his actions could affect the state of a whole continent. Follow his life from slave to something much more. Torn between his prodigious ability to fight and kill and his belief that all life has value, he decides to put his macabre talent to use for the better of the people around him. Are the decisions he makes correct? Will he wind up improving his surroundings or tearing them apart? See his life unfold through the eyes of his friends, loved ones, and even some of those who oppose him. Set will walk a bloody path, but he’ll walk it with no hesitation, and the entire continent of Night will be forced to take notice. There have been scores of kings over the ages, but there will only ever be one Forever King.

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
If you are willing to take it a chapter at a time, I'm willing to read your first chapter and provide feedback. We can see if that's a good match or not from there.

clawyer80

Registered
Reaction score
If you are willing to take it a chapter at a time, I'm willing to read your first chapter and provide feedback. We can see if that's a good match or not from there.

That works for me. Let me know when you're ready to start and I'll send you the first chapter. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.