LOVE IS FOUND!

pharm

profoundly de minimis
Registered
Reaction score
And by that I mean they've located the missing negatives for A Muppet Christmas Carol, meaning we can finally get a complete 4K edition with the When Love Is Gone number included (it's been missing in every release post VHS and Asian region laserdisc):
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55232499

I kid you not, I spent an entire Christmas Eve the other year tracking down and splicing together bits of the blu-ray, dvd, and laserdisc transfers so my nieces could see a complete theatrical version of this classic for their first viewing. So glad we can at last get a proper HD release for the world!

Belle_91

With her nose stuck in a book
Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I was literally watching this yesterday and was wondering why they cut that number. This all makes way more sense. It’s a Christmas miracle!

Challenger007

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Are you planning to share the fruits of your efforts? I would even pay to only show the children the full version of the holiday movie.

pharm

profoundly de minimis
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! Are you planning to share the fruits of your efforts? I would even pay to only show the children the full version of the holiday movie.

Unfortunately I don't know of any way for me to share my home cut of the film without copyright violation. Fortunately, there's a good chance Disney will include the found footage in the next 4K or streaming release. Maybe in time for the 2021 holiday season, if not this one!

For now I think the solution most folks use is to just pause the film at the appropriate point and play the YouTube clip of the song from the (sadly) fullscreen version included on the early 2000s DVD release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfI_N0vyxaI