December 2020 Challenge - Write Every Day!

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Hi Gilitrutt! New ideas are always awesome!
Kara: Great work on 200 words
Second Moon: Sometimes it's best not to push yourself when you're running that low
Magnus: Great work on keeping the habit going
Layla: Congrats on the tasks
Ptero: Dare I say, big mood
Cindy: Nice work on 497 words

Day 29: "Synced" the first 5 chapters from paper to digital, so -805 words. This is being done in Scrivener (where I've originally written it in Word) to use the metadata/rearranging features. However...I'm really disappointed in the built-in spellcheck. It reminds me of when I first got into writing and was using Word in the late 00's and it was missing a ton of basic words. Here's some, you know, real, actual words that I had to add to my custom dictionary today: grey, guilting, hypervigilant, kneeled, millennia, mythos, personhood, proven, shaven, unaging, undead. This is v 1.9.16.0 on Windows 10, if anyone who Scriveners a lot knows a solution to this.

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Day 29 - 613 words. I finished a short story and wrote the first sentence on another short story. I had my sister/fellow-author read the finished short story. Apparently it took some wild turns which I expected her to say. I'll come back to it later when I've left it alone for enough time.

ChaseJxyz - I'm shocked and appalled by the common words that it doesn't recognize.

Cindyt - Thank you. I guess that's one thing Billie/Billy don't have in common. LOL!

Layla - I've never tried reading in the bath. I'm too clumsy to attempt it.

karasunoyashi

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30- 100 words.
Second- Way to go on the 507 and 613 words. I glad you were able to wrap it up and start another story.

Magnus- Nicely done on the two sessions.

Ptero- Congratulations on the flash and book writing. I feel the same about this year. Although I have to say I am a bit worried that January First will see the sun go nova or something.

Cindyt- Congrats on the 497 and happy to here that Chameleon is coming together well for you.

Chase- Good work syncing all of that up. I can't help with scrivener. But, I write on two different systems, one with Office 13 and the other Office 16. I've noticed that the libraries disagree with each other, especially when it comes to words with prefixes and suffixes.

Gilitrutt- Welcome!

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 30
Nothing today, but I've been a bit down. Even though Christmas was way smaller than usual (and mostly outside) I got quite socially overloaded, and I haven't had the opportunity to relax yet. But I've been doing well and I knew these days around the holidays would be a bit tough, so no sweat. Tomorrow I'm treating like a Sunday. There might be time to write but if I miss out, that's okay. I'll see you all in January, ready to pick it up anew!

Last edited:

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 30 - wrote maybe 75-100 words this morning. Maybe I'll just have the brothers shut up and get to the cemetery already so they can make their grim discovery and finally get the plot moving.

Got my foodstuffs for the weekend. New Year meals are easier to plan than Christmas. New Year's Eve I have cheesesteak and Coke (this year it's a cheesesteak stromboli). The caffeine and carbs keep me up until midnight. The traditional New Year's Day meal in this part of PA is pork and sauerkraut, for good luck all year. I'm not a fan of sauerkraut, so I got some pork chops and will eat at least one of them while looking at a picture of cabbage. Hopefully that should give me luck for at least half a year.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy, nice work with that 497!
Chase, great work :)
moon, nice 613!
kara, nice work
Magnus, we all need a skip day sometimes :)
Ptero, congrats on the words. (I never liked sauerkraut, till I had it fried in butter...)

Day 30

WIP 1) rewrites WIP 2) reading
R/SC - chores
BP/$$ - job 5 hours

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 30

Added words

DRESS HER IN CHAMELEON - I read 3 chapters and glance over 1 chapter. Not much editing needed. YAY! 9 more chapters and the epigram! Then finish the glance over. Then I’m going to let animal out of its cage. BOWKER assigned me an ISBN! :snoopy: I had the option to go ahead and assign my title to it, but I need to find out my pub date and the pricing. So, I’ll have to wait about that.

Ptero - Down heah in de South, we eat collard greens, blackeyed peas, pork, and cornbread. I usually eat whatever I have a taste for.

Moon - Well, yeah, but Billy does have a spooky encounter while driving down a dirt road that meanders through the woods. He’s going along when asudden he smells seawater, and there sitting next him is the ghost of the missing woman he’s looking for.

Layla - WTG on rewrites and editing.

Kara - WTG on 100 words

Chase - Grats on the syncing and the 805 words. My Gosh, the spellcheck would drive me batty.

Last edited:

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Second Moon: Nice job on 613 words
Kara: Nice work on a nice even 100 words
Magnus: I hope you recover soon!
Ptero: Sounds yummy!
Layla: Nice work on the tasks
Cindy: Congrats on the new words

Day 30: Synced some more stuff, -2,011 words. Was nice to see that stimulus check in my bank account this morning!

karasunoyashi

Registered
Reaction score
Day 31- Happy New Years Eve! Somewhere between one and two hundred words today.
Magnus- Enjoy your rest. See you next year.

Ptero- Good job on the words. Here it was noodles, soy beans and roast potatoes for dinner. Which isn't quite traditional but close enough.

Cindyt- Congratulations on the ISBN!

Chase- Good work on getting more syncing done.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Day 30 - 16 words. I had to focus on life stuff yesterday and ultimately rewrite how I thought my future was going to go. So yeah. Yesterday was not a good day for me mentally.

I'll see all of you next year!

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 31
Going to read most of tonight so that I can finish my Goodreads challenge (1 book away from hitting the goal, and I'm about 80% done -- it's a good thing this is the one New Year's it's socially acceptable to just stay home and read!). If I write something, it'll be after that, but I think I'll just take it easy for a few days and then hit the ground running on Monday. Happy New Year everyone! See you in January. :D

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 31 - did about a page longhand

Finally got the brothers into the cemetery, where they discover the four fresh graves. Three of them hold soon-to-be vampires, and the fourth--well, that'll have to wait until the coyote woman gets there. First she has to have a scene with brother #3, which does not go well. He's trying to goad her into turning human, because in my "universe" shifters lose their clothing when they change form, and naturally change back naked. Told you he was an a-hole.

Sounds like everybody's got a good meal planned to start the new year. Enjoy your midnight celebrations and see you all in January! :partyguy:

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day31

Word Count 324

DRESS HER IN CHAMELEON - I read 3 chapters and glanced over 1 chapter. Today’s sessions were forced, but I’m almost finished with the real editing. Six chapters to go, the epilogue, and glance through. I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

Kara - Thank you! Congrats on the word count

April - Have fun and stay safe!

Chase - The second stimulus check? I’m going to buy a second ISBN with a fraction of mine.

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I missed the boat yesterday but I wrote a bit and read 2 books.

Here's wishing us all luck THIS year! :D