Hello (Again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pastorlarry

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings ALL!

I joined way back in like 2014, I believe. I was working full-time and raising three boys. I've recently had to adjust to new situations in life. I am now a chronic pain, and migraine, sufferer (lower back, hips, legs, feet 24-7, etc), which has left me physically unable to work. I've spent some time going through the Chronic Pain Stages of Grief, and desperately trying to find a reason to keep on going. I'm NOT suicidal, but I need a purpose, a passion, something which lets me know that I am still of use.

I have always wanted to pursue my childhood dream of being an established author. Now that I have more time on my hands (when pain allows, anyway!), I am working up the courage to stare down my depression/low self-esteem/fear without flinching or crumbling. I want to help others who are suffering (not necessarily physically) to find hope or an escape or whatever helping hand they need in order to make it through "just one more day "

I wanted to 1) say hello again and 2) share all of this in order to encourage you, my fellow artists, to keep going. Please keep crafting the tales that WILL positively impact the lives of others. There are a plethora of individuals out there who need to feel that they are a part of something, that they are not alone in their struggles. YOU can help them to feel included, and WE can help each other to remember that we are all in this "writing thing" together

Thank you for reading (and writing!).

-Larry

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Larry, it seems like Opportunity is not only staring you in the face but maybe giving your shoulders a little shake to ensure you notice it.

You're in the right place to begin the journey toward being a writer. The path is long and some are already way ahead, but they still reach back to help others, just as someone once helped them. We know when you're further along, you'll do the same.

Re-welcome!

Maryn, still too full from yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.