Status
Not open for further replies.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tee hee?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...erdon-election-press-conference-b1762682.html

Independent said:
Donald Trump has angrily declared Twitter a national security threat after #DiaperDon went viral following a news conference in which he repeatedly complained about perceived injustices.

“Twitter is sending out totally false ‘Trends’ that have absolutely nothing to do with what is really trending in the world. They make it up, and only negative ‘stuff’,” the US president tweeted without providing evidence in the early hours of Friday morning.

Mr Trump did not say which trending topic upset him, but following Thursday’s press briefing, which saw him furiously assail a reporter from behind a surprisingly small desk, the hashtag #DiaperDon surged towards the top of Twitter’s trending list in the US and UK.

“For purposes of National Security, Section 230 must be immediately terminated!!!” Mr Trump added, in reference to part of a 1996 law which protects websites from lawsuits over content posted by users. Any changes to these protections would fundamentally change how the internet works.

If I could wave a magic wand today and make two changes to future US elections, I’d wish for 1) abolish the electoral college and 2) reduce the transition period between outgoing and incoming president to one month or less. Screw this 10-week lameduck period, where a sulky outgoing President gets to hang in there acting malicious.

Last edited:

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
If he had a shred of grace and poise, none of this would be particularly relevant. It’s not profound, well thought out criticism attached to that hashtag and some of it has to do with the size of the desk he happened to be sitting at at the time. This is something that if the sitting president were more mature, would be easily taken in stride.

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's absolutely an infantile poke at the bear, and since he's similarly infantile, it obviously worked.

But #DiaperDon has some earlier roots. Noel Casler, a comedian who was a staffer on the Apprentice and Trump-run beauty pageants, has been claiming to any who will listen that Trump has a long addiction to Adderall and other recreational drugs that left him effectively incontinent, and wearing adult diapers.

For representative example, see this interview with Mr. Casler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV9PJQUXsKM

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
“Twitter is sending out totally false ‘Trends’ that have absolutely nothing to do with what is really trending in the world."

Well, if it's trending on Twitter, it is "trending in the world," in a subset thereof, anyway.

So he's finally noticed that Twitter is, first and foremost, a platform for sharing fun, silly, casual, and sometimes subversive, trends and memes, NOT a serious news source or reliably fact-checked platform. Nor is it necessarily a representative cross-section of society as a whole. Sure, most news outlets, government institutions, and personalities of social prominence now have Twitter accounts, but that doesn't make it a news outlet. Silly cat pictures (or Diaper Dan hashtag) can gain as many, or more, followers as someone who uses it to share "important" stuff.

It's almost like he thinks it's a platform for policy-related stuff and that world leaders should spend their every waking hour tweeting, or perhaps it's more that he thinks it's a platform just for him.

Seriously, though, rising to this rather silly and sophomoric jab is the epitome of "non Presidential."

But, yanno, that desk is ridiculous. I almost wonder if some staffers were trolling him by selecting it for him to sit at during that interview.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Let's not laugh at someone's incontinence. There's so much else to laugh at.

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree, mccardey. I was chuckling over the image of Trump at that child-sized desk, and the implication that he’s a baby.

What’s extraordinary is how utterly divorced from reality Trump’s public image is. Can you imagine that his supporters would laud the real man? Or for that matter, show him the same charity that you have? Trump is crude and mean to everyone he needs nothing from. If he’s getting a bit of that in return now, and it bothers him, it cheers me. It’s absolutely the smallest payback that he’s earned. What a horrible, irredeemable person.

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
I would never laugh at someone's actual medical issues, but I'll admit the "bad person" part of me has a bit of schadenfreude when someone a completely evil as Trump is accused of something so mortifying and uncomfortable.

I'm guessing he does not actually have this issue, though. The universe is rarely so just. If there were any cosmic justice, Trump would have ended up on a ventilator with Covid.

As Introversion said, I think most of the "DiaperDan" stuff is because of the "child sized" desk, though, not an actual belief in his incontinence. Even if the man does sometimes walk (and always acts) like a toddler.

Last edited:

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can you imagine that his supporters would laud the real man? Or for that matter, show him the same charity that you have?
Oh, please believe me when I say I'm not intending to show him charity! ;) It's just some grace for the people who do suffer from incontinence - which I expect will come to us all in time....

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm guessing he does not actually have this issue, though.

Noel Casler is at least convincing (to me) when he claims that Trump has been incontinent for decades. (Whether he's telling the truth or not, I find it strange that Trump or his lawyers have apparently never threatened Mr. Casler for these allegations?)

Oh, please believe me when I say I'm not intending to show him charity! ;) It's just some grace for the people who do suffer from incontinence - which I expect will come to us all in time....

No argument there. It's a mortifying an entirely un-funny thing.

I admit I would think it fine and just if Trump suffers from it, though.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I don't mind people being amused by #45's idiocies and infantile behavior, but I'm going to close this because it's heading down a really bad avenue wrt to ageism.

Status
Not open for further replies.