• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Beta Reader for 70,000 Word Novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ariel.Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I recently made a lot of changes to my novel and was hoping to get some fresh eyes on it. I want to see if these new changes work, as well as get some general feedback. I think the novel is upper MG. It also involves superheroes (kinda-ish) so knowledge/interest in that could be helpful, though not necessary.

Let me know if you’re at all interested and we could discuss further! The latest draft of my query’s attached just below! (Also, yes it still has no title, no I don’t have any inkling of even an idea for a title, yes it’s very ridiculous.)

Dear Query Agent,

Twelve-year-old Joshua Craig is stuck between two stories.

The story he wants to believe: His older brother Trevor was kidnapped by supervillains who have staged Trevor’s death. Now, Josh needs to discover his superpowers, stop the supervillains, and save his brother.

The story he is afraid of: Trevor is not only dead, but he was never the Trevor that Josh thought he was. Josh’s Trevor would stay up all night with him, reading comic books together. He would tell Josh the world is full of magic and illusion and adventure. Josh loved this Trevor; he wants to believe in him. But now he’s learning about another Trevor. One who would call people names and cheat on his girlfriend. One who would do a lot worse…

If Josh admits that there was a Trevor he didn't know, then he would have to admit there may be parts of himself he doesn’t know, too. Josh starts to question his sexuality, his choices in friends, and his role models. Josh is afraid to accept that he might not be who he thought he was, who he is supposed to be.

If Josh sticks to the first story, he will find himself stuck in an endless and painful fight to find someone who may not only be gone, but may have never really existed. If he gives in to the second story, he will have to grieve for his older brother, the person he thought Trevor was, and the person he thought he would become.

______________ is a 70,000 word Middle-Grade fiction.

--Ariel Williams

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Ariel, I would be willing to give this a read. Please feel free to send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.