Happy Thanksgiving

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
To my friends in the good old U.S. of A., Happy Thanksgiving. My bird has been in the brine since yesterday and goes into the smoke in about two hours. I hope your day is as wonderful as possible, even if a little more distant than usual. We can be a distant family today.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, InkFinger. We had some food failures but managed to have a nice holiday just the same, as I hope you did.

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, InkFinger!

It was a lovely day. No big family gathering, no pressure to produce a big meal. We ordered takeout turkey & side-dishes. Liz and DW made a nice pumpkin pie. The three of us ate too much (and have plenty of leftovers). We video-called my son in Ohio, and my older daughter east of us in Massachusetts. Restful day.

I hope everyone here, wherever you are, are staying safe.

Last edited:

vicelimmer

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! Is too late to greet you guys? Happy Thanksgiving! It's not the same this year but at least we still got a lot to be grateful for. I hope you guys had a blast. Stay safe!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely not too late, vicelimmer. I hope you had a great Fourth of July, if you're in the US.

Maryn, often this far behind

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My ignorance shows yet again--does the UK have any parallel holiday in which gratitude (to one's god or otherwise) is the focus? Even though I'm not religious and know the story as presented in elementary school is bullshit, I still like the notion of awareness of what we have that is good.

Maryn, thankful as all get-out

inspector

Registered
Reaction score
How did you spend your Thanksgiving? There was always a strange atmosphere in my family. Usually we have a pretty big party where the whole family gets together. This time half of them were missing because of Corona. And the mood was generally kind of depressed. I hope that it was a bit more pleasant and festive for you! Anyway - I'm already looking forward to the next time. Then the Corona spook will hopefully be over ;-)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mr. Maryn and I, being old codgers, are high risk, so we did not host or attend a gathering. We did risk going to our daughter's house to swap some holiday food and pet her cats, while we all wore masks and kept our distance. So far, we're not sick. (They're immune, having had COVID recently, but could still give it to us, apparently.) Fingers crossed we remain healthy.