Hello fellow travelers of the writing world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MulkyWay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there! I am the newest newbie to the boards. I hope everyone out there is staying safe, and staying sane, or as sane as one can be in these crazy times. I've heard a lot of great things about this community so I'm excited to dive in and get to know everyone.

I have been writing since I was a youngin, starting off with fanfics of Star Wars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and other geeky things I was (and am) into. Writing was mostly just a side hobby/escape sort of thing throughout my teens and 20's, but over the past couple of years, I have begun to take it more seriously, and dive further and further into the world. My primary interests are in the thriller/horror/sci-fi/mystery genres, but I enjoy just about anything in any genre as long as I find its characters and tale compelling.

I look forward to checking out everything that's going on here, reading everyone's work, and sharing my own. Thanks for having me!

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the discussion. This is a great community. Be sure to spend time in SYW.

liam-lassiter

Registered
Reaction score
Fanfic was my first dabble with writing as well! At least in a I-write-something-then-put-it-out-there-for-everyone-to-see way. I'm glad you've joined us!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Beccorban

Registered
Reaction score
Would it make you jealous if I told you I have met Joss Whedon? He even bought me a drink.

Also, hi!

MulkyWay

Registered
Reaction score
That would indeed make me jealous! I've met numerous folks from the Buffyverse but Whedon has eluded me. I bet it was a good time.

Thanks for the welcomes all!

Status
Not open for further replies.