Trump supporters in Georgia threaten to boycott Senate runoff elections

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.newsweek.com/georgia-trump-supporters-destroy-gop-boycott-senate-runoffs-1549245

News Week said:
President Donald Trump supporters protesting the outcome of the 2020 election have a new and surprising opponent: the Republican Party.

A viral video of protesters, as well as posts on social media platform Parler, indicate that Trump supporters are looking to boycott the upcoming Georgia Senate runoff elections.

A video, shared on Twitter on Saturday, shows a protester speaking into a mic criticizing Georgia Governor Brian Kemp and Utah Senator Mitt Romney, who are both Republicans. The protester calls them "traitors."

Seemingly reacting to certification from Georgia election officials that President-elect Joe Biden had indeed won the Peach State following an election recount, the protesters disavowed the GOP.

"Any Republican who allows this to happen is complicit, and we will finish you," the protester, donning a camo sweatshirt with an elephant on it, shouts into the microphone. "For any Republicans not explicitly helping Trump to 'stop the steal,' we will make sure you are never elected ever again."

Oh no. Don't. Stop...

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
"They vow to destroy the Republican party if Trump doesn't win."

Knock yourselves out, kiddos.

Seriously, I assumed this must be some satirical news source, like the Onion. But no.

The GOP seriously needs to be taken behind the barn and shot, but I do worry about what could rise in its place, given our current political climate. This does illustrate why the party has gotten the way it is, though: fear of the fanatical base they have been nurturing for decades.

Last edited:

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Reminds me of this post comparing the MAGAs to Huck Finn's abusive father, Pap, in a racist drunken rant.

https://www.facebook.com/jonathan.lautman/posts/3609618112454576

“Oh, yes, this is a wonderful govment, wonderful. Why, looky here. There was a free n***** there from Ohio—a mulatter, most as white as a white man. He had the whitest shirt on you ever see, too, and the shiniest hat; and there ain’t a man in that town that’s got as fine clothes as what he had; and he had a gold watch and chain, and a silver-headed cane—the awfulest old gray-headed nabob in the State. And what do you think? They said he was a p’fessor in a college, and could talk all kinds of languages, and knowed everything. And that ain’t the wust. They said he could vote when he was at home. Well, that let me out. Thinks I, what is the country a-coming to? It was ’lection day, and I was just about to go and vote myself if I warn’t too drunk to get there; but when they told me there was a State in this country where they’d let that n***** vote, I drawed out. I says I’ll never vote agin. Them’s the very words I said; they all heard me; and the country may rot for all me—I’ll never vote agin as long as I live.

Really hope they boycott every election from now on....

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Over 100 CEOs threaten to cut off funds to Georgia GOP if Trump keeps blocking transition

Salon said:
More than 100 business leaders who plan to ask the Trump administration to immediately allow the presidential transition to begin have also discussed cutting off donations to Senate Republicans facing runoff elections to force the party's hand.

The executives plan to send a letter on Monday demanding that Emily Murphy, the head of the General Services Administration, stop blocking President-elect Joe Biden's transition team's work, according to The New York Times.

"Every day that an orderly presidential transition process is delayed, our democracy grows weaker in the eyes of our own citizens and the nation's stature on the global stage is diminished," the executives said in a draft letter reviewed by The Times. "Withholding resources and vital information from an incoming administration puts the public and economic health and security of America at risk."

Some of the executives have "also discussed withholding campaign donations from the two Republican Senate candidates in Georgia unless party leaders agree to push for a presidential transition," according to the report.

At least one executive said on a Friday call that some wealthy donors had already been considering withholding support to Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., and Sen. David Perdue, R-Ga.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
They may not respect the Constitution, the law or accepted practice, but they will, indeed, bow down in the face of money. Useful to know.

And, BTW, hooray for those 100 execs! Men of integrity, in this at least. Man, do they understand how to make the puppets dance!

Last edited:

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Well that's a problem that might sort itself out.

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
Mayhap, instead of standing by and waiting for these people to come to their senses, Liberals should pile in, wear an earnest expression, adopt a scolding tone, and tell MAGA's it is their constitutional duty and in their own interests to vote.

Since whatever Liberals say is anathema...

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Trump getting bullied. That would be a first.

-cb

Well, since he was a kid and it was his dad (and high school coach) doing it anyway. He learned well.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/s...ld-trump-brutal-worldview-father-coach-213750

They may not respect the Constitution, the law or accepted practice, but they will, indeed, bow down in the face of money. Useful to know.

And, BTW, hooray for those 100 execs! Men of integrity, in this at least. Man, do they understand how to make the puppets dance!

More men of expediency, I suspect. They have the sense to know that having what is still the most powerful country on Earth fall to authoritarianism would likely create uncertain economic conditions. They were happy enough to support Trump and the GOP prior to this situation, even though anyone who was paying attention predicted this (refusing to accept the results of a fair election) is where things were headed.

Last edited:

Introversion

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The bizarre self-owning continues...

https://www.salon.com/2020/11/24/ro...mp-in-georgia-runoffs-as-revenge-against-gop/

Salon said:
A super PAC linked to longtime Trump adviser Roger Stone is calling for Republicans to write-in the president's name in the upcoming Senate runoff elections in Georgia as retaliation after his re-election bid failed in the once red state.

The Committee for American Sovereignty, a group tied to Stone which raised millions pushing disinformation during the 2016 election, launched a new website urging Republican voters to "crush" the "plot to destroy America" by "writing in Trump for the Georgia Senate runoffs."

"With enough write-ins in the Georgia senate race, we can tilt the balance in Georgia in Trump's favor!" the site says. "If we can do this, we have a real chance at getting these RINO senators to act on the illegitimate and corrupt election presided over by a Democrat party that is invested in the Communist takeover of Our Great Nation."

The website was first covered by The Daily Beast. Trump supporters on Parler, the far-right version of Twitter, have also pushed a similar plan to boycott the pivotal runoffs or write in Trump's name.

"Though their effort remains on the party's fringes, the trajectory of the movement has Republicans fearful that it could cost the GOP control of the Senate," the outlet reported.

"Threaten to withhold your votes & money," he said on Twitter. "Demand that they represent you."

The calls have sparked alarm among Republicans — and even Team Trump.

"That is NONSENSE," Donald Trump Jr. tweeted in response to calls to boycott the runoffs. "IGNORE those people. We need ALL of our people coming out to vote for Kelly & David."

But Republicans in Georgia are worried that Trump's legal antics have already damaged the party's hopes of winning control of the Senate.

"Many Republicans are at a point now where they don't trust the outcome of the system, which is never a good thing," Gabriel Sterling, the state's voting system manager, told Yahoo News. ". . . We've crossed a tipping point where . . . there may be some Republicans who don't trust the outcomes of the system at all, and say, 'Why bother to vote?' Which of course makes zero sense, because if you don't vote at all, it will increase the likelihood of the person who you don't want to win it."

"Is it going to suppress the vote to a certain degree?" he added. "Absolutely."

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
How would writing Trump in as a Senate candidate accomplish anything save (possibly) electing him to the Senate*? I mean, that's a horrific thought, but it would be a bit of a let down for him after being POTUS. Could you imagine the former "toddler in chief" having to work with others, even if it's just within his own party nowadays, the way Senators must? How would he react to being just one of fifty powerful people and not being THE person to whom all must bow and scrape?

This is assuming enough write ins occurred, which is beyond doubtful. More likely it would simply dilute the GOP vote so the Democrats have a fighting chance.

Have at it, guys.

*What would happen, though, if a write-in candidate actually won BOTH senatorial seats for a state? Extremely unlikely to ever happen of course, and I don't know of any other state that has both senators up for election in the same year.

Last edited:

micahkolding

Banned
Reaction score
How would writing Trump in as a Senate candidate accomplish anything save (possibly) electing him to the Senate*?

I suspect they want to send a message to the GOP, sabotaging their candidate's campaign to punish them for now adequately kowtowing to Dear Leader. They're like the Bernie boosters who wanted Clinton to lose, just to punish the DNC for not doing what they wanted.