• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

One Little War Story - Complete at 106,000 words

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrapperViper

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I finished the first draft of my MS. It's consumed me for the past couple of years, and now I've finally gotten it all down on paper.
I believe I've made some friends and genuine connections through this community. It's been quite a journey, and I owe you all a debt of gratitude for supporting and assisting me through this process. Often times "pushing" me away from my own self-generated obstacles.
You're all just absolutely fantastic and lovely.

My MS has been developmentally edited by two different sources and it's been partially beta read by a few others too. I'm looking now for some betas who'd be able to pour through it and provide feedback. Any feedback whatsoever would be immensely appreciated.

After I receive beta feedback I plan to finish up my revisions and send it in for a professional heavy copy edit before querying it.

The MS is a war novel about a junior officer's experience in Afghanistan circa 2008-2009. It's rich with details of the country, the people, and the way the international community fought the war (which is now, almost two decades later, about to finally experience the withdrawal of US troops).

The story loosely resembles my experiences as a junior officer.

My query thread can be found here.

https://absolutewrite.com/forums/sh...rket-Fiction-Contemporary-updated-query-in-35

Please PM me if you're willing to beta this for me. And again, thank you all:)

Status
Not open for further replies.