How to describe a character as sexy besides the obvious/stereotypical

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
So I know stuff like "she had big boobs" is really lazy/uncreative, plus there's the issue of sexiness being incredibly subjective. If I give a character big "please step on me, miss" energy, would someone who's not into that figure out what I'm doing? The not-necessarily-sexy body parts or actions that I can think about to denote sexiness feel like they're too biased by the things that I'm into, and I know that doesn't always line up with what regular people are into. If I was, say, writing sexy books about sexy furries for an adult furry publisher, then this wouldn't be an issue. But my current project is for a wider audience.

I did some Googling and I've seen stuff like "have them speak confidently" and "they should want to share interests with [character] and be a nice person :) ", which isn't always viable. The villain probably isn't going to want to watch The Office and go on hikes with the protag (or whatever it is regular people are into). There was also stuff like "describe what they're doing with their arms" which is very ??? I have no idea. I'm drawing a blank here and I'm sure there's probably something super-obvious that I'm missing.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Why not internalize it into the dude? Instead of objectifying the chica.

Something stirred inside him. A heat, a flush--it was almost embarassment but not that. He wanted to perform, for her. How? He couldn't say. He didn't know what it was, precisely, about this woman that attracted him--she had none of the stereotypical markers of commercial beauty, but his response to her proximity, the heat of her breath on his cheek, the feeling that they somehow occupied a single space, aroused him like nothing he'd felt in over a year. He met her eyes and said, "

Last edited:

InkFinger

Registered
Reaction score
The typically sexualized parts are not really what's sexy, even in the really sexual stuff. It's all about the feeling, the moment, the event. Circumstances make things sexy. I've written a great scene about a couple of forty somethings and a hand job in a grocery store parking lot that was hot a heck, and I barely mentioned the parts - I did mention the parts, but it wasn't the point. The other side of that, I've written hordes of nude bodies and busy sex, and it wasn't sexy.

Write what feels right to you and don't worry about it. The people that need to know it's sexy, will.

Pallandozi

Registered
Reaction score
The not-necessarily-sexy body parts or actions that I can think about to denote sexiness feel like they're too biased by the things that I'm into, and I know that doesn't always line up with what regular people are into.

There are some attributes that have a wider appeal than others, but if you just go for that you'll risk ending up bland and forgettable.

If you describe with a passion what it is about the things you like, you may draw your audience along with you, so they too see those attributes through your eyes.

Be fearless!

Last edited: