Yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade Hill

Banned
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Mike Ott; My friends call me Mikey. I’m a recently paralyzed social worker and aspiring author. I read a lot, no specific genre. Once upon a time I wrote for a newspaper, before their extinction. I’ve also done a great deal of copyediting after college. The girl who T-boned my car and derailed my life was writing a grammatically incorrect text, so I'm a self-taught grammarian out of spite. Being paralyzed has given me a perspective that I don’t think one can possess unless she's been there. I have an extraordinary capacity for empathy, always have. Although I appreciate the sentiment, I need no pity. I’m here to learn, help where I can, have my writing obliterated, and make friends. So that’s my Hello… Nice to meet everyone

Last edited:

Vic20

The Friendly Computer
Registered
Reaction score
It's a pleasure to meet you! I hope you get a lot out of this community!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nice to have you join us. Based on this post alone, I'm pretty sure you're going to fit in just fine.

Maryn, showing you where we keep the snacks

Ariel.Williams

Registered
Reaction score
Great to have you! I’m actually studying to be a counselor while attempting to become an author, so we’ve got that in common!

Ade Hill

Banned
Reaction score
That's awesome!!!!!!! The world needs a lot of good counselors!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, Maryn. It's nice to meet you, too

Beccorban

Registered
Reaction score
'The girl who T-boned my car and derailed my life was writing a grammatically incorrect text, so I'm a self-taught grammarian out of spite.'

This made me spit my coffee out. Welcome, Ade.

Status
Not open for further replies.