Trump: Pfizer vaccine generally available in April, “except in places like NY state”

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/11/donald-trump-new-york-covid-vaccine

Vanity Fair said:
On Friday, speaking in public for the first time since he lost the the presidency to Joe Biden, Donald Trump finally told reporters that he accepts the results of the 2020 election and wishes his successor well. Just kidding of course, as that would have required a team of doctors from Walter Reed to have performed emergency personality transplant surgery in the basement of the White House. Instead, Trump took his historic level of pettiness to new heights, declaring that if it’s up to him, New Yorkers won’t get a coronavirus vaccine until Governor Andrew Cuomo kisses the ring.

Speaking in the Rose Garden, Trump touted Operation Warp Speed—which, again, Pfizer only struck a deal with for distribution, not for development—before going into full spiteful bitch mode. “As soon as April the vaccine will be available to the entire general population, with the exception of places like New York State,” he said, “where for political reasons the governor decided to say—and I don’t think it’s good politically, I think it’s very bad from a health standpoint—but he wants to take his time on the vaccine.” (In September, Cuomo said he wouldn’t trust a vaccine just because Trump said it was good.) “He doesn’t trust where the vaccines coming from,” Trump continued. “So the governor, Gov. Cuomo will have to let us know when he’s ready for it, otherwise we, we can’t we can't be delivering it to a state that won’t be giving it to its people, immediately. And I know many I know the people in New York very well I know they want it. So the governor will let us know when he’s ready. I hope he doesn’t handle this as badly as he’s handled the nursing homes. But we’re ready to provide it as soon as they let us know that they’ll actually use it,” Trump said.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New York's attorney general announced on Twitter that if vaccine is not distributed in New York, she will file a lawsuit and win it.

Maryn, pretty sure she's right

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Cuomo's response
"He tries to bully people -- he tries to bully governors, he uses government as a retaliatory tool," Cuomo told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on "The Situation Room," adding that "I'm not going to let a bully push New Yorkers around, period."...

Cuomo said Friday that Trump's comments were false, noting that New York was among several states that have established scientific panels to independently approve any coronavirus vaccines approved by the US Food and Drug Administration "to give people confidence in the approval process" in light of concerns that it has been politicized.

"As soon as the FDA approves it, we will have our panel approve it, seven other states will review it," Cuomo said. "And then I can say to the people of New York, 'I know you were dubious, but we had a separate panel review it -- it's safe, take it.'"

Cuomo said that the state panel's review of the FDA's protocol in approving a potential vaccine would be "simultaneous" with the delivery of the vaccine, such that "there will be no delay -- as soon as they get us the drug, we are ready to distribute it."

But Cuomo expressed confidence that such a review would not reveal any problems with a potential vaccine. "I don't think the FDA is going to play games at this point," he said. "So I don't anticipate any real issue."

Can you imagine if Trump had won reelection and demanded people grovel at his feet for any federal assistance including vaccine? Clearly his tactic here besides his usual pettiness is to make the people in NY turn against Trump. Traffic on the NJ bridge super-sized.

You're right Liz, spiteful and childish.

Last edited:

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
It's not surprising that given the chance, he'd do with a vaccine what he did with PPE:

As Coronavirus Cases Surged Here, FEMA Gave Mass. Least PPE Per Case Of Any State

By May 14, Massachusetts was at its peak with nearly 85,000 cases of the virus compared to Alaska which had only 383 cases, according to Johns Hopkins University data. Yet Alaska received 1,580 pieces of gear per case, while Massachusetts was handed 36. New York — with by far the most cases in the nation — was second-lowest at 45.

Whether it's because we're the bluest state or Charlie Baker publicly called him out, albeit diplomatically, or both, the results were the same. People suffering and dying because a terrible man wanted to harm those who wouldn't endlessly stroke his ego. I said if he were reelected, we wouldn't get the vaccine. I know he didn't mention us, but vaccine distribution would have been done according to his whims and mental infirmities.

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Yeah, Gov. Newsom here in CA also said that any vax would have to go through their approval process, too, so this isn't new, but how Trump said it was really douchey. It makes sense, though, considering. Hasn't stopped CVS from emailing and saying that they WILL have it in all 10,000+ locations....which I sure am interested in seeing how they'll manage that with the temperature restrictions with Pfizer's vaxx

talktidy

Registered
Reaction score
I bet the MAGA types are completely behind this.

Apparently, the rich and famous of NYC are not disposed to welcome Jared and Ivanka back with open arms. I cannot imagine why.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's not like New York is experiencing a shortage of as-----es, that they need two more.
Interesting for Trump, once he returns to private life (please, let it be soon): not often that one man can unite all New Yorkers in one belief - Trump hates us, and we hate him right back.
And, this time it's personal.

Besides, talk about who's going to get a vaccine is all Big Yap, until there is a vaccine.

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Now Trump is whining that Pfizer waited until after the election to make their announcement re their promising study results, just to, I dunno, deny him a victory?

This has been fact checked and debunked, of course. There are perfectly good reasons the company couldn't announce their results until mid November.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/202...-claim-covid-19-vaccine-result-was-suppressed

The fact that Trump thinks anyone would hate him enough to deny themselves good press (and surging stock values) at their earliest convenience just to spite him speaks volumes, of course.

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the vaccine manufacturers bypass Trump when they move ahead with providing late Dec doses. Trump is very likely to muck with distribution for petty reasons.