Finding a PA lawyer to review/edit a novel

Ragana5

Registered
Reaction score
I've written a novel with a protagonist who is a lawyer from Pennsylvania. I'd like to find someone familiar with Pennsylvania law to fact check my content, but I'm really struggling to find an editor who fits the bill. Any suggestions? (and when you Google this, you get LAW EDITORS, which is editors for law content, not for fiction!).

Thanks in advance for the help!

Ann.

annhallwrites.com

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I once contacted the state's law school for a story with questions regarding certain laws in that state. I got such a super helpful, free of charge reply and great info that it broke my heart when I had to move the setting to a different state!

However, it sounds like you might need more input than a handful of emails and a 15-minute phone call with the university would cover. It might be a start, though.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
The law school might be able to provide suggestions as to someone who would be interested/capable, though.

-

Last edited:

SAWeiner

Reaction score
This site has gotten numerous people on it, including lawyers. However, since the site's prolonged shutdown last year, fewer people are active. I am a licensed attorney myself, but admitted in New York, not Pennsylvania. If I was admitted in the right state, I would have been glad to help.

You might also want to post in the section for Beta readers here. Maybe you'll get lucky.