Hello!

lerayoxe

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, everyone! I just joined a couple of days ago, and now have a chance to introduce myself.
My name is Abigail, and I am an aspiring author. I write contemporary/realistic YA fiction, and have started and abandoned two projects so far. I'm just now starting my third, and I'm really sticking to it this time.
Aside from reading and writing, I thoroughly enjoy baking (I am in the middle of baking chocolate peanut butter cookies as I type), playing video games (especially ones where I can really delve into and create a character--it can be a lot like writing), finding weird and obscure board and card games to play with friends, and exploring all that the gluten-free world has to offer (I found out last year that I am allergic to wheat, which is/was a total bummer).
I'm really excited to be here and meet new people! I can't wait to start checking out other people's work.

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome!

Your cookies sound wonderful. I should definitely be doing more baking myself, such a great way of procrastinating - I mean brainstorming...

I have some friends pretty in to games as well, and some of my favorites through them were Hive and Coup, if you haven't found either of those yet and want to check them out.

I like to think of projects as paused, rather than abandoned, so any of those ideas still have a chance of returning in some form or another. Good luck with your writing, hope it goes well!

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there! Remember when you are writing that people are their own toughest critic. Midway through projects before I’ve thought this is crap, then I’ve forced myself to finish anyway and after some refinement, these pieces often turn out great. Best of luck with your writing and look forward to seeing your stuff.

Beccorban

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, welcome!

I'm always looking for new board games. Do you have any you can recommend?

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Ade Hill

Banned
Reaction score
You sound interesting, and I can virtually smell your cookies. Best of luck with your writing. I think your soul, just from your little blurb above has something special inside, something worth telling. It is a pleasure to meet you. I'm Mikey