AW Fall Fund Raising Drive: We Need YOUR Help

AW is an Amazon Affiliate and an Amazon UK affiliate

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a
voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

paypal subscribe button

How To Support AW

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Covid 19: Coronavirus November 2020

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by frimble3 View Post
    Dumbest thing I've heard in a while (Canadian Edition):

For those who want to read for themselves:
    [/FONT][/COLOR]https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/trudeau-says-country-s-future-at-stake-as-covid-19-projections-take-troubling-turn/ar-BB1bccFU?li=AAggXBV&OCID=FIRPLC
    The reward for 'good behaviour' is to set up a four-day free for all (because we already know that people suddenly unrestrained are, well, unrestrained. And have all the sense of a 'nipped-up cat.) Sit back and watch the death rate rise.[/FONT][/COLOR]
    So it's not just us

Actually, I wish it were just us, for your sakes, and because if our neighbors to the north can be sensible then surely there is hope for us too.

Quote Originally Posted by MaeZe View Post
    [B]

I hope high risk health care workers exposed on the job are first to get this drug so maybe hospitals are a good place to have gotten the drug.
    I do too. With the hell they've been living and the risks they've been subjected to, the front-line health care workers should get first crack at this treatment as well as the vaccine.

I'd also argue other essential workers who are in constant risk of exposure should also be vaccinated early. Police and firefighters, obviously, but people who put themselves at risk working in the sale and distribution of food and other essential goods. I am deeply grateful to all those people who work in grocery stores, and who are working to harvest and process food. They are not as high profile as healthcare and emergency workers, but without them we'd be screwed.

On the other hand, managers like these ****wads should be sent to the back of the line.
    Last edited by Roxxsmom; 11-22-2020 at 12:09 PM.
    Please excuse me, I was raised by wolves.

My twitter - My FB - My blog