Not open for further replies.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Day 15: 961
Day 16: 1367
Total: 27,479

Sage - are you going to work on something else if you finish the current one?

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Day 16: 2,141
Total: 31,573

Of course, I've skipped ahead and changed the entire location of the story, but words is words.

Jiloa

On Purpose
Registered
Reaction score
Day 16: 2,092
Total: 36,555

Last edited:

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Day 17: 1579
Total: 29,058

Really struggled. Realised the big reveal would have to be soon, and then what? But did some planning (reveal culprit, but don't catch yet) and did some research to help over the immediate hump.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day 16: 3196 (highest daily count for 2020 yet)
Day 17: 2130
TOTAL: 38,847

Had two characters discussing something and I got the feeling they already had. Sure enough, they actually had so I switched gears and had one say, "Oh, wait a minute, I think we've already talked about this. It sounds familiar", and the other respond, "You're right. We have. Sorry if I sound like a broken record." Go, me.

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
Day 18: 2316
Total: 31666

And there are evil fairies now, seems appropriate. :evil

BenPanced:I have had variations of that happening all along. Mine are more like "Well, what should we do now?" "I think we should go this way." "That seems like the way the writer needs us to go, so ok!"

lizmonster: I'm sorry you feel that way; hope you can find a glimmer of hope and maybe some more fun tangent and make it through on the momentum of that!

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have had variations of that happening all along. Mine are more like "Well, what should we do now?" "I think we should go this way." "That seems like the way the writer needs us to go, so ok!"

I had the main character run into his love interest again when both thought they'd have to maintain a long-distance relationship, and he said, "I'm surprised that whatever divine forces that guide the universe had us run into each other so soon. You'd think they would have waited a few more pages or at least until the next chapter for us to meet again."

Day 18: 1839
TOTAL: 40,686 (honestly reclaimed the 40,000 words badge I'd accidentally scored when I entered an incorrect word count recently!)

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Day 18: 3437
Day 19: 2213
Total: 34,708

Apparently the stopping to actually work things out helped. 18th was my best day yet, and got a bunch done at the train station (after I missed my train...) / on the train today. Trying to get my buffer up because my weekend might be busy.

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
Day 19: 2,119
Total: 37,831

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Gatteau. I think there's something salvageable here, but I'm still building characters. It's hard for me to make the necessary emotional investment to revise and complete a novel if I don't have characters I love.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day 19: 2309
TOTAL: 42,995

I have less than an hour before it strikes midnight here and I could certainly add a few more words, but my brain is all "meh" for the night.

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
I had the main character run into his love interest again when both thought they'd have to maintain a long-distance relationship, and he said, "I'm surprised that whatever divine forces that guide the universe had us run into each other so soon. You'd think they would have waited a few more pages or at least until the next chapter for us to meet again."

Well played. :Clap:

It's hard for me to make the necessary emotional investment to revise and complete a novel if I don't have characters I love.

I get that. It's basically why I decided to scrap the plans I had been making for this year, and return to a couple characters from an older story that I had way more fun working with, and wanted to see what trouble they could get up to.

Day 19: 511
Day 20: 2199
Total: 34376

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
Day 20: 1252
Day 21: 1358

Went camping. Got more done than I expected on the Saturday, but I am worn out today and don't feel like writing at all. Will try to get something done.

BenPanced

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day 20: 1704
Day 21: 2528
TOTAL: 47,227

Yup. I'm gonna cross the 50,000 mark tomorrow/later today. 17 for 17, y'all.

Gatteau

Registered
Reaction score
Day 21: 1693
Day 22: 1837
Total: 37906

Woot, that's awesome for everybody getting close! As usual, I'm pretty much on track to finish right on time, with any luck even a few hours before midnight on the 30th! I'm a little bit ahead right now, but I know myself, therefore I know there will probably be at least one day this week, holiday or not, where I just laze around long enough to not feel like getting anything done at all. Story-wise, everything is all over the place right now, with about four different storylines going, which I eventually mean to all connect. I think my real goal for this next week will be getting at least one of those lines to feel complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.