Here goes nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SallyO

Registered
Reaction score
Hello! Crossing my fingers and taking the plunge here. I’m an introvert and single mom who feels way too old to be starting this journey. Like many others, I’m here for inspiration, support, and a kick in the pants to keep writing. A lover of fantasy, horror and gothic romance, I have many, many unfinished projects and my goal is to complete a fantasy novel, from 1st to final draft. Just once. Looks like a friendly community so - here goes nothing!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I had a few gray hairs (thanks, kids!) before I started writing in earnest. You're right on time, whenever you get started. Welcome to you!

Maryn, glad to meet you

kobold

bedeviled
Registered
Reaction score
Go for it SallyO! Writers tend to be late bloomers anyway. Not always as late as myself, however : )

Any fantasy favorites?

Excelsior!

SallyO

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for the encouragement! Favorite fantasy novels - loaded question! Dune, anything Roald Dahl (still), Outlander, The Last Unicorn, His Dark Materials to name a few. How about you?

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I love the great women writers of the 70s-90s and thereabouts. Le Guin, Vinge, Bradley, Butler, a few others. I also enjoy some of the men who wrote in that time. More recently, I love Matt Haig and some indie authors.

I bet I'm older than you, heh, and have only been writing fiction for a few years now.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome. I think that’s an excellent goal. The feeling of accomplishment and after finishing even a draft of a novel is unmatched. I look forward to seeing some of your work. Also, i imagine as a single mother you’re quite busy. I would encourage you to make time to write and not feel guilty about it (something I struggle with occasionally). You’re doing this for you and it’s going to be worth it!

Status
Not open for further replies.