November 2020 Challenge - Write Every Day!

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
UPDATE:

I did it!!!! Barney, Mr. Thomas, and The Alligator Creature is coming out on Dec. 1st. (if everything goes according to plan)

YAY!!!!

I'm so happy!

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats!!!

My update is I cannot seem to find the energy to tackle the editing work today. I might take a break for a day or two.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Cindy - congrats on that formatting
April - I'm reading my MS - congrats on keeping at Ch 7 & on the 344 words. (a bagel w/ Choco is a complete protein, doancha know? Chocolate is a bean, right? And bagels are made from grain, bingo bango U got a square meal right there)
kara - nice work with that 1K :)
Moon, making a decision clears a path!
Chase, enjoy that break day!
Daniel! Hello
Magnus, WTG getting in that session & getting down some words. Tablula rasa non carborundorum :D ;D
Moon - w0000000t!!!!!!!! You did it - congrats!
Hey Woolly - take care of yourself

Day 23

WIPs 1) Reading & notes 2) added words (Summer Chair! On a very grey and wet (but relatively warm) morning. It wasn't windy, so the porch stayed dry
R/SC - chores, groceries, errands, a wee bit of cooking
BP/$$ - some work at a snail's-pace unhoarding in the sentimental paper category

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 22 - 148 words

Not many (which is why I counted) but better than nothing. Book 4 doesn't have a plot yet, so maybe I'll make it character-centric and see what events transpire.

April - I've been eating dark-chocolate-covered raisins on the theory that a) raisins are high in iron and b) dark chocolate is supposedly better for you than milk chocolate. Close enough for government work.

Second Moon - yay for publication! :banana::banana::banana:

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Magnus: Good on you, it’s always good when the flow comes and the words start moving on their own. Nice!

TSM: Awesome! Congrats! :D

Wooly: Do as you will, Wooly!!!

Layla: Hello! Sounds like you are keeping busy! Cool!

Pterofan: I’ve missed thee. Good work!

Me: Working on a novella. :)

ChaseJxyz

Writes 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 and 🏳️‍⚧️🌕🐺 accessories
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Daniel: glad you're doing so great!
Magnus: Aweseome job getting it
Second Moon: congrats!!!
Woolly: enjoy the break
Layla: Congrats on the writing tasks
Ptero: Nice job on 148 words

Day 23: chs 10 and 11 and 3.5 pages of rewrites. So first act ends at chapter 10 and starts at 11 and stuff needs to be broken up into smaller chapters/reordered to smooth out the timeline. Wrote about bird feet, click consonants, chick sexing...the FBI agent tasked to watch my online activity must be really confused. Also how I wrote one of the footnotes (about the abilities of the "3 hands" thing birds can do vs humans who have 2 hands AND 2 feet, wow!) kind of reads that the author...doesn't have hands. Or at least not exactly like humans do. But she's not a human, but what does she look like? Important questions that only I want the answer to.

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
karasunoyashi: Woo, excellent job! Enjoy that 1k club :)

Second: Yay! Congratulations :)

Nice work, Daniel!

Magnus: Woo! That’s awesome.

Layla: I will accept your superior culinary knowledge :D Nice job reading and wording. Good luck with unhoarding. Sentimental stuff is so hard.

Pterofan: 148 is a lot better than nothing. Imagine each word was a chocolate raisin. That’s a lot of chocolate raisins.

Chase: Great job with the rewrites.

Rest up, Woolly.

I revised demon-chapter 7 and got started on 8. Added 1222 (I stopped because I liked the number). Onwards!

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
growingupwolf.blogspot.com
Day 23

Word Count 247

Dress Her in Chameleon - LBL editing. On the last chapter of part four with two more major parts to go. Ah, Gah. Oh, and I may have said, but Imma gonna say again, A woman who works at the museum in my hometown read it--And loved it. She read it all night and between naps the next day. “It’s a page turner for sure--And the ending!”

Magnus - That’s the way you do it! Good on you!

Layla - Grats on added words!

Moon - Congratulations! :hooray::snoopy::partyguy:

Woolly - :Hug2:

April - Congrats on the fattening of Chapter 7 and good luck with the conflict dynamics. The formatting was just tedious, but I’ve got it worked now so I can do it as I line edit.

Chase - Good luck on the swing!

karasunoyashi

Registered
Reaction score
Day 24- Wrote a little more than 650 words. Thursday and Friday look like they will be crazy, so I'm trying to plan how to get writing in.

Magnus- Good job sticking with it even on the tough days. I'm sure the story inside you appreciates it.

Second- That's amazing! Congratulations!

Ptero- Way to go getting words in. It may not seem like a lot but its another step on the path.

Daniel- Great work on the continued writing.

Chase- Your right about the glasses. A benefit of a stable prescription is that I only just got my third pair of glasses for this decade. It's not really noticeable on a budget but saving money is always nice. Also kudos on the two chapters and rewrites.

April- Nice going, way to beat that chapter.

Cindyt- Wow! that is a glowing review. Good job!

Last edited:

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Day 23 - Got Barney, Mr. Thomas, and The Alligator Creature on Ingramspark!!!!!

I don't think without this thread I would have gotten on the ball and put it on IS. Thanks everyone for motivating me!

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 24

Well that was something. I didn't much feel like getting to it today either, but I sat down anyway, and first I did two sessions on my main project and then another two on the side project. Pretty good considering I've barely set pen to paper the past few months. Now I just keep reminding myself not to take this productivity for granted and to keep the bar at one session per day for the time being so I don't get ahead of myself.

Moon -- Well done, congratulations!

And thanks everyone else for your kind words. I mostly just drive by, but I read and appreciate your comments!

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, everyone! The fact that I am proud to have written out all of the word 'congratulations' instead of taking the wimpy shortcut with 'congrats' tells you that I feel better today than yesterday, because I got through chapter 9. Yay! I'm officially 37,000 words into the 117,000 word manuscript. It's been read on hard copy, and edited.

And you know, it might be the wine, but frankly, it cracks me up that at the 5th draft I am still making this many changes.

The sad thing is there will be as many changes on the 25th draft too.

Carry on. Congrats, heh.

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Ptero, 148 is just great ;)
WTG Daniel!
Chase, nice work on the rewrites
April - nice revisions, nice number (I'm reading The Two Towers - nice everythingsss)
Cindy - Congrats on the 247 and the editing
kara - nice work with that 650!
Moon, nice work!
Magnus, that's awesome! :)

Day 24

WIPs 1 - reading & notes 2 - addd words
R/SC - today I think that will be an early bedtime.
BP/$$ - job, 11 hrs

ChaseJxyz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
April: Very nice number :) great work
Cindy: What an awesome review!
Kara: My prescription has been changing a lot so I've been using Zenni optical. $70 glasses are a lot less painful
Second Moon: Congrats! That's awesome
Magnus: Awesome job on the sessions!
Ptero: With the holiday that's going to be rough, I hope it doesn't give you too many problems
Woolly: Each draft makes it stronger! Congrats on chapter 9
Layla: congrats on words

Day 24: Edited chapter 12 and maybe a paragraph or two of rewrites. It was another long chapter; I've been wanting to do 2 a day with these days off, but doesn't look like it'll happen today. The second half of the chapter has J, L and W talking to Y, before Y talks to F (and only that last part is shown in the story). I wanted to make sure that the reactions of L and W after all this lined up with what would happen so a chunk of my day was writing those conversations. It made me realize that J and L would know [things], so the scene later of W telling J [thing] just...doesn't make sense anymore. So finding those logical issues was good, wrote those down to fix when I get to them.

The bird was being a troublemaker today. Kept wanting to chew things he wasn't supposed to and crawling into places he shouldn't be. We'll also be doing a bit of cooking for Thanksgiving tomorrow so we'll see how much work happens.

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Day 24

Added Words

Dress Her in Chameleon - LBL editing.

Kara - Good writing and good luck for Thursday and Friday.

Layla - Congrats on added words.

Chase - Grats for progress.

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
Cindyt: Congrats on the awesome feedback!

karasunoyashi: Nice work!

Second: Aw, yay! Big congratulations :)

Magnus: That’s excellent. Starting often is the hardest part.

Pterofan: Nice juicy 300.

Woolly: Yay!

Layla: Classic. I need to reread them again soon.

Chase: Nice job!

I revised Chap 7 (again) and wrote/fixed Chapter 8. Most of 8 was using stuff I’d written in October so I only added 200 or so. Now, onto Chapter 9. I have absolutely no clue what happens.

karasunoyashi

Registered
Reaction score
Day 25- I got about 750 words in spread evenly over two projects. OMG! I forgot about Thanksgiving. If your in America please be safe, whether you're traveling, having family visit, or using the pandemic as an excuse to skip the drama and lock yourself in a room and write all day.

Magnus- Keep it up your doing great.

Pterofan- good luck with the assignment.

Woolly- Congratulations on feeling better and being almost a third of the way through the book. You're rocking it.

Chase- Way to go on the editing.

Cindyt- Thanks!

April- Nice work on the revising. Ooh new territory. I hope the journey through chapter 9 is a fun one.

The Second Moon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mimistromauthor.com
Day 24- I put Barney, Mr. Thomas and The Alligator Creature on kindle! In other news Ingramspark didn't care much for my cover size, so I had to resize the whole wraparound cover which took an hour. Hopefully they like it better this time.

Kara - LOL. I wish I could just skip the people and write.

April - I find the most fun when writing when I don't know what's going to happen.

ChaseJxyz - Good job finding those logic issues

Layla - I always go to bed early.

Woolly - I don't even know how to spell "congratulations" without spellcheck.

Magnus - Thank you.

Magnus

Registered
Reaction score
Day 25
One very productive session on the main project and another on the side. Feels extra good as I was a bit busy with other stuff today which I could easily have used as a bad excuse to get out.

Keep at it everyone.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Day 24 - a little over one and a half pages longhand, maybe 400-500 words
Day 25 - Did slightly less than half a page this morning, call it 150 words. I was thinking of writing while vegging in front of the TV tonight, but I may just go to bed early.

The assignment's due Friday, and it's just me in the house for Thanksgiving, so I don't mind working on a holiday. I got a couple movies from the library; between that and what's on TV I'm going to Binge On Films this weekend. I'm having a hot turkey and gravy open-face sandwich (on sourdough--fancy!) for my Thanksgiving meal, with mushrooms in the gravy and probably carrots on the side for a splash of color. Fewer dishes to clean up afterwards. Those of you having family over, make them do the dishes. You cooked, so they owe you.

See y'all on Friday!

Cindyt

Gettin wiggy wit it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Day 25

Word Count 186

Dress Her in Chameleon - LBL editing.

Kara - WTG on the 750 word count

April - Good luck with Chapter 8

Last edited:

Layla Nahar

Seashell Seller
Registered
Reaction score
Chase - way to go with the editing :)
Cindy - congrats on the words and the LBL
April, nice work with the revision & the 200
kara - congrats on the 750
Moon - Kindle! (& wow, good work on that cover image)
Magnus, nice work!
Ptero - congrats on the work and have a great Thursday :)
Cindy - congrats on the 186

Day 25

WIP1 - reading, notes; WIP2 - added words
R/SC - cooked a big batch of lentil stew
BP/$$ - more slow work in unhoarding sentimental paper; job 5 hours

ChaseJxyz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chasej.xyz
Great job everyone, it's very late and I gotta go to bed soon so I'll be quick lol.

Edited chs 13, 14, and 15, a page and a half rewrites in the notebook but boy I wrote a lot on the pages. I forgot a different off-screen conversation that I was supposed to write and did that so fixed some more stuff in 12 but now I feel much better handling the fallout from those conversations (and what characters know and dont need to be told later). Plus upping the angst of the love triangle stuff, that was a big thing on my to-do list for this draft. Is finding the secret to immortality good enough to get the girl? Stay tuned...

Roommate and I did some cooking/baking for tomorrow. Her parents are already in our "social bubble," as it were, and we're driving there and not leaving the state so I don't feel bad about it. But it made me really miss cooking a bunch of stuff, especially for other people. I miss doing dinner parties :( I hope that whatever you fellow Americans do tomorrow is yummy and as stress-free as possible. See y'all on Friday.

April Swanson

Happy Beeps
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilswanson.com
karasunoyashi: Another great day for you. So, are you able to draft two projects at once? That’s something I’m aiming to do but have never quite managed it.

Second: Woo!

Great work, Magnus.

Pterofan: Enjoy your fancy sandwich!

Cindyt: Nice job with the multi-tasking, as always!

Layla: Another nice job with multi-tasking! Mmm … lentil stew. I made lentil soup this week and it’s pretty damn tasty if you ask me.

Chase: Excellent editing! Can you come and do mine, please?

I realised I had a plot thingy to fix, so had to go back and revise a few chapters before pushing ahead with Chapter 9. Only added 365 in the end, but I think I know where I’m heading today.