Newish member

IkhlasHussain

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm an old/new member here. I joined the site way back in 2012 but haven't been that active on here in recent years, to be honest. Life has changed quite a bit since I joined and since I was super active on here. I'm trying to be active on here again, because I miss talking with other writers.

I'm 31 and married with one daughter who's 3 years old and a handful! Every since she was born, I've struggled with trying to write and do everything else. Motherhood is not easy!

I finished writing my fourth novel this year. All are yet unpublished, except one which I self published on Amazon, and I'm trying to go back to the traditional route with this fourth novel.

I have many ideas for new stories, but I'm trying to finish editing this current novel and get it beta read so that it's read for an agent. I have a prospective agent already lined up so I'm trying find someone to help me tidy up this novel.

Do you work on multiple projects at once? Or do you finish editing one before working on another? I feel confused because mentally I'm done with this current project and ready to move on, but then I'm still linked to it.

Anyway, nice to meet you all and hope to see you around here!

Ikhlas

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When our kids were small, my biggest writing endeavor was the shopping list. I'm impressed you're doing so much more.

Maryn, perhaps lazier than you

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello there! What I like to do is work on my novel for a while. Then, take a break, let others read and critique that, and then work on some short stories in the mean time. I feel doing this every so often helps me come back to the novel with a fresh perspective. Best of luck!

IkhlasHussain

Registered
Reaction score
Bahaha Maryn! Glad someone understands! It's definitely been difficult, more so when she was younger. But as she's gotten older, it's a bit easier. But it's only at night when I get time to write and then it's a balance of wanting to relax or wrestle with my brain to try and write.