New member - hi everyone!

reyholland

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new-ish here. I've not written in ages - I always make excuses recently, despite how much I love to write. I joined this site to find tips, prompts and more to help my writing journey. As well as that, I'm hoping to meet fellow writers, hopefully be inspired and make friends as well.

Hope to get to know some of you better!

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I would encourage you to write as much as you can. I know that it’s sometimes difficult to find time. But I also know that when I make the type for it I’m a much happier person.

You said you’re looking for prompts so here’s one I enjoyed writing off of a while back:

She looked down over the edge of the cliff at the grey water swirling below.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

MadameDraco347

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here too!

The last couple of years, I've made excuses for not writing, and it was probably one of the worst mistakes I've made. Recently, I decided to get back into writing, and it's been life-changing! I'm so glad I decided to write again, and it's wonderful that you decided to as well!

Normally, my writing consists of solely Fiction/Fantasy works, but right now I'm working on a story that also branches into Horror, History, and Religion!

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It always helps me get started when I remind myself I have permission to write utter crap, and nobody has to see it until I've fixed it up so much it's not.

Welcome to you!

Maryn, craptacular writer