Hello... again.

Tom Fitch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intersectiondiaries.com
Hi all,

I initially joined this site in 2015 but have been rather inactive since then. I hope to have some more time on my hands now and interact more with all of you. Posting a short intro does seemed like a good place to start.

My name is Tom Fitch. I belong to the age-group generally defined as middle-agers... Although I often feel younger, but on occasion also older.

I live in the Brussels area. My parents worked and lived there when I was born and I never got around leaving. Which is rather a good thing as I actually like the place a lot, even if some refer to it as a hellhole. Rest assured, few Brusselers feel any inclination whatever to convince those of that opinion of the opposite, and prefer keeping Brussels' hidden charms to themselves.

I'm married with two teenage kids. Which prevents life from getting dull.

I have been reading for as long as I can remember. As a kid, I already had a flash-light stashed under my pillow to read late into evenings under my blankets. I remember the Famous Five from those days, as well as Rémi, the Nobody's Boy. Currently, I mainly read novels, almost no non-fiction. One exception to that though. Being a car-nut, I read a lot of books covering motorsports history.

Authors I particularly like are Tom Wolfe, Pete Dexter and Joe Abercrombie.

Besides reading, I try to dabble a bit in the endless pool of words and sentences, hoping, probably in vain [FONT=&quot]😃, to one day end up with a master piece on my desk.[/FONT]

That being said, I hope to find some good banter and rambling about books and writing in general here.

Looking forward to exchange some spirited thoughts with you all.

Tom

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Tom, nice intro! What type of stuff do you write in your dabblings? I wouldn’t discount the potential for a masterpiece, with all the great stuff you’ve read I’m sure it’s buried in your head you just need to find it

Tom Fitch

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.intersectiondiaries.com
Thanks for the heads-up Tyler.

As to my dabbling with words and sentences, only prose and mainly fiction.

The link in my signature directs to my blog where I publish fictionalized race-reports of sim races with some added drama. There are also some movies I made from replays of those races. I had more reports up but kind of trimmed the blog down lately. I was pretty happy with the 1980 Procar reports but they could use some thorough proof-reading actually. I may pick that up again early next year.

Then, early this year, Paul Velasco asked me to do a series called Simming Memoirs on his F1-site Grandprix247.com. It is a collection of memories of how I tried to simulate racing. This link should list them: https://www.grandprix247.com/?s=sim+memoirs

And then, the chief editor at Grandprix247.com accepted to proofread a novel I had been working on some years ago. We are currently working on that together and expect to be finished by end November. The idea is to then publish the novel through Kindle Direct Publishing, but I have no experience whatever with that. I'm therefore very interested in learning about experiences with KDP others here may have.

That's about it.

Tom

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back