I keep getting kicked out

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Two things:

You will be logged off if you do not have Remember me checked. You must log off and clear cache and cookies before you can click the tiny remember me box checked.

The page with the image CAPTCHA is because we are still dealing with the after effects of a DDOS attack earlier this year.

One option is to wait an hour or so and try again; the bots arrive in swarms and I clear them as rapidly as I can. When there are fewer bots Cloudflare is less active.

The high ASCII characters, the odd characters with diacritics are likely because you are copying and pasting text from a word processor like MS Word and you are using "curly" quotes and apostrophes and similar high ASCII characters which are not the same across all operating systems.

Don't copy and paste from MS Word. It's safe to copy and paste from Notepad.

druid12000

You're out of your tree...
Registered
Reaction score
The dark side of the moon, making sinister plans..
You beat me to the post! I have also been having issues with being kicked. I have the 'remember me' box checked, did that the first time I logged in. Haven't been pasting anything, just randomly get the message to leave the page and all data will be lost. Sometimes it will just refresh but most times it tries to reload and says the page can't be found. Very frustrating. I haven't been on this site for a few years but it is nice to see that it is still going strong!

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Geez, not even sure if I have notepad. This computer is as old as I am. What about pasting from Pdf?

Notepad is thirty years old; it's distributed by Microsoft with Windows. If you don't have it installed, you can download it from Microsoft.

Your difficulty with the high ASCII characters is primarily caused by using the "smart" or "curly" printers' quotation marks and apostrophes; you can turn those off, or you can try saving as .txt from MS Word, or possibly, using your email program to draft posts.

Alternatively you can draft in the vBulletin post and copy and save it to email or notepad or another text editor.

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
You beat me to the post! I have also been having issues with being kicked. I have the 'remember me' box checked, did that the first time I logged in. Haven't been pasting anything, just randomly get the message to leave the page and all data will be lost. Sometimes it will just refresh but most times it tries to reload and says the page can't be found. Very frustrating. I haven't been on this site for a few years but it is nice to see that it is still going strong!

You're not getting "kicked" or logged off; that's Cloudflare, the security software we've had to use since the DDOS attack.

You can either wait patiently, because when Cloudflare is active because of suspicious activity (including malware on your computer or ISP router) it scans and checks every single transaction between your browser and the server. That means every image or message you submit, every click you generate by using a button, etc, initiates a check.

If you can't wait, try the site at a different time; the bots essentially come in swarms. It will be better at another time.

Status
Not open for further replies.