So Chris Christie has had the epiphany that #45 did not about covid

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Christie now admits he should have worn a mask.

Though it's possible just him wearing one wouldn't have protected him that well (some benefit to the wearer but they are better at preventing spread). It's when everyone wears them that they work best. Good luck getting even most people to wear masks at a Republican event.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/i-shou...ffhmsYiMQSiWEv4FL2B6mp9DZ-oWK5ZG7oczmJdP3xyic

Why do some people have so little imagination and empathy that they can't see something is serious until they experience it?

And why are some people (like Trump) sunk so deep in denial they could be at death's door and still insist Covid is just a cold?

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
Why do some people have so little imagination and empathy that they can't see something is serious until they experience it?

I just read this article about Jason Lewis which included the following quote :

In fact, if you really want to be quite frank about it, how does somebody else owning a slave affect me? It doesn’t. If I don’t think it is right, I won’t own one, and people always say ‘well if you don’t want to marry somebody of the same sex, you don’t have to, but why tell somebody else they can’t. Uh, you know if you don’t want to own a slave, don’t. But don’t tell other people they can’t.

It was good to also read that in 2018, he was defeated by an openly gay person.

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
I just read this article about Jason Lewis which included the following quote :

Wow. Just... wow.

It doesn't even occur to him that the slave might have feelings about the situation or that, in a society that permitted slavery, he could ever be anything but an owner.

I just... I could rant, but I'd be preaching to the choir.

Last edited:

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Just... wow.

It doesn't even occur to him that the slave might have feelings about the situation or that, in a society that permitted slavery, he could ever be anything but an owner.

I just... I could rant, but I'd be preaching to the choir.

Yeah, not only can he not imagine being enslaved, he can't imagine being a wage worker trying to compete in a slave economy. You know, just like American workers aren't hurt by the sweatshop economy exploiting their counterparts overseas and undocumented immigrants here. /sarcasm

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com