FIVERR

starrystorm

Registered
Reaction score
I've used Fiverr before but didn't know they did book promotions.

JohnLine

Owns a pen.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Do you mean for artwork? If you're willing to spend a bit more, I'd go on DeviantArt and search for the keyword "commission" or "com." This will show you artwork by people who do commissions. Most of the commissions on DeviantArt are personal, and they fill up fast. A book is a commercial commission, so if you contact them, and are willing to pay a bit more, most will work with you.

If it's self-published, and your not making much money off it, I'd (very politely) point that out, as most artists will cut you a deal.

DeviantArt also has work for hire and job services forums.

https://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/services/

bahamaswriter

Registered
Reaction score
Website
fayknowles.blogspot.com
Do you mean for artwork? If you're willing to spend a bit more, I'd go on DeviantArt and search for the keyword "commission" or "com." This will show you artwork by people who do commissions. Most of the commissions on DeviantArt are personal, and they fill up fast. A book is a commercial commission, so if you contact them, and are willing to pay a bit more, most will work with you.

If it's self-published, and your not making much money off it, I'd (very politely) point that out, as most artists will cut you a deal.

DeviantArt also has work for hire and job services forums.

https://forum.deviantart.com/jobs/services/

Thanks. I'm not looking for artwork right now, but will keep the information on hand in case I need to have some artwork done in the future.

JohnLine

Owns a pen.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Please don't do this. Pay them the going rate regardless of your expectations for sales.

Artists don't post going rates for commercial work. They expect to negotiate, so that if a big company comes around they can charge through the nose. Let them know that you are not a big company.

They do post rates for vanity work (non-commercial) as a starting point. I would never ask an artist to work for below this. Usually, you can expect to pay between 50% and 100% more for commercial work, which is still very reasonable.

Last edited: