Short Story Home

abwriter10

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Newbie here to the forum so am open to guidance/recommendations as I explore these forums.

Have been fortunate to have several non-fiction articles (how-to's and interview types) published in the past and now focusing on fiction (short stories).

Have a supernatural short story that I would like to find a home for -- either paid or non-paid. I'm assuming this is the right forum for this query.

Also, when people ask me what type of writing I do, I answer that I've done non-fiction writing in the past and now focusing on fiction. Are there more accurate terms that are appropriate or is non-fiction/fiction accurate enough?

Thanks. Looking forward to participating and contributing.

A.W.

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! It's good to see another short story writer here. I too got my start in non-fic (actually, scholarly journal articles) and the switch to fiction took some expanding my skill set! I've tried my hand at novels, and I just don't quite have the hang of them yet. I can write them, but they don't come together in the way my short fiction does.

Look around the forums here, and we do have several short story areas and threads, such as Write 1/Sub 1, Short Fiction, and the Share Your Work area. Poke around, participate, and chime in where you can, and of course ask questions! Read the stickies in each forum, as these will help navigate and explain some of how and why we operate how we do.

Honestly, the short fiction threads have been kind of quiet lately, so new input is welcome! Activity in certain threads comes and goes so don't get discouraged if things don't hop immediately. Just have fun and learn what you can.