Jeffrey Toobin and the Worst Zoom Call Ever (NSFW)

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
I'm surprised there isn't a thread about the Zoom D*** Incident already, but this article breaks it down pretty well.

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-10-20/jeffrey-toobin-embarrassing-zoom-exposure

Somehow this otherwise intelligent 60-year-old man decided to Take it Out, point his camera at his crotch and masturbate while on a Zoom call with his esteemed colleagues. His excuse is that he thought he had switched to a different call during a break. Note this was a meeting playing out election scenarios with Toobin as the courts (what a metaphor....).

What is surprising - other than we're 7 months into this pandemic for this first high-profile incident - is how many men are defending Toobin. Would they say the same if he'd done this at the office? How are people arguing it somehow *isn't* sexual harassment to see a colleague wanking on a work call?

Last edited:

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I was horrified to hear that on yesterday’s View, the cohosts were talking about it as if it was arguable whether Toobin was at the workplace, which to my mind is made plain by the fact that it was a work related Zoom meeting. I think this is inexcusable, and most people know if they switch to a different work call, that probably on that call private parts wouldn’t be acceptable either. None of the excuses I’ve heard so far hold any water for me.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
I was horrified to hear that on yesterday’s View, the cohosts were talking about it as if it was arguable whether Toobin was at the workplace, which to my mind is made plain by the fact that it was a work related Zoom meeting. I think this is inexcusable, and most people know if they switch to a different work call, that probably on that call private parts wouldn’t be acceptable either. None of the excuses I’ve heard so far hold any water for me.

Given how he had the camera, if there was another call it was definitely *personal* - which, why the hell was he doing a sex call on his work computer?

Not only is it definitely the workplace, but my 6-year-old is in my home office right now blissfully playing games on my tablet now that virtual school is done for the day. Imagine the s***storm if one of the people on that call had a kid walk in on that?

ETA: Here's an article from The Cut that hopefully isn't paywalled: https://www.thecut.com/2020/10/media-reacts-to-jeffrey-toobin-zoom-dick-incident.html

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
The LA times is always behind a paywall for me, unfortunately. I will have to let my imagination do its work here.

Reading the description, I have to say "eeeeewww." I hope his mic was muted, at least.

I find it extremely disturbing that so many guys think masturbating while in zoom meetings is normal. Trying not to wonder how many of my students do this :chair:

I mean, I could see someone forgetting that their camera is still connected and a meeting is still open hours or days later, when they are visiting another very special site or something. But multitasking in this particular way while in a meeting is fraught with peril.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I am so confused as to why so many people are defending him and talking about logistics. I find it absolutely deplorable. Not that he was doing what he was doing...but where and when he was doing it. He violated those people. There's a time and a place. I never liked him...he has 'the creep' vibe for me...but that's not why I'm so disgusted. Would he pull it out at the conference table? That's essentially what he did...and I'm sure he knows it.

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Would he pull it out at the conference table?
Oh, I'm sure he would, if he thought he could find an excuse - which ZOOM has conveniently given him.
I'm wondering how many times he's done it, live and in person, with junior employees who can't 'prove' that the deed happened, or are to scared or embarrassed to report it.
After all, if his hands stay below the desk, all the employee can say is that his hand movements were 'suspicious'. And who would believe that a businessman would do such a crazy thing?

TeresaRose

Registered
Reaction score
Disgusting! WTF! Gross! And, it's also like he was trying to "pull" (no pun originally intended) one over on everyone. Look what I can do in front of everyone, but no one can really see.

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
I am so confused as to why so many people are defending him and talking about logistics.

Trying to salvage the guy's career, which is not really worth it. Maybe he'll go work for Wiener at his countertops factory...

-cb