Trump walks out of 60 Minutes interview

Introversion

Pie aren't squared, pie are round!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
https://www.axios.com/trump-60-minutes-interview-walk-out-fb0cb487-05b3-4549-9cc2-b5af4d6778da.html

Axios said:
President Trump tweeted on Tuesday that he was considering posting his interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" prior to airtime in order to show "what a FAKE and BIASED interview" it was, following reports that he abruptly ended the interview after 45 minutes of taping.

"Faked and biased" almost certainly meaning that she asked him real questions that he didn't want (or know how) to answer.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I think Leslie Stahl has proven herself to be a responsible journalist, and that in this type of an interview, i.e. in fairly neutral territory where he is going to be asked uncomfortable questions, as they might of any sitting president, 45 is out of his depth.

Lyv

I meant to do that.
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Trump leaving the White House after the interview and he did not look happy. Also, he isn't breathing effortlessly and he might be suppressing a cough or two. He also bailed on the planned appearance with Pence, which would also have aired Sunday night. Guess Pence will be go solo.

CWatts

down the rabbit hole of research...
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a clip of Trump leaving the White House after the interview and he did not look happy. Also, he isn't breathing effortlessly and he might be suppressing a cough or two. He also bailed on the planned appearance with Pence, which would also have aired Sunday night. Guess Pence will be go solo.

Pretty sure the fly is a better wingman....

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I expect the steroids have worn off and he's crashing pretty bad now.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He's released unaired footage of the interview and complains whines, pisses, bitches, and moans bitterly that "You don't ask Biden tough questions".

Trump later said, “I wish you would interview Joe Biden like you interview me. When I watch him walk out of a store. He’s in the midst of a scandal. His family is corrupt. He’s a corrupt politician. And he’s walking with an ice cream. And the question the media asks him, ‘What kind of ice cream?’ You’re like Big Tech, you’re protecting him.”

Last edited:

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
All he does is lie and whine (I watched the beginning and the end) and deny any challenges to his lies are valid. No one can talk to this man.

Next stop, the Biden debate.

Last edited:

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Watched the entire interview. It's clear what Trump's motive was - his followers will not see what we see. We see a jibbering, jabbering, lying, whining baby. I swear I could see his insecurities just shining through. I think he may be a bit nervous, TBH. We see a smart interviewer and a terrible interviewee with a slight shine of panic just visible beneath his orange exterior.

His followers see Leslie Stahl not answering questions about Biden (we see that it's because this isn't an interview with Biden!). They hear Trump whine that Stahl isn't treating him right, and rather than using their brains to decide the truth of the claim for themselves, they just believe him.

I recently read The Cult of Trump by Steven Hassan, a cult survivor. Trump is clearly the leader of something resembling a cult. The repetition he uses, the key words that stick in your head. The spread of misinformation and lies. Discrediting journalism and news sources. Gaslighting. Noise. Shouting in so many different directions, your head spins. Division, us vs. them, only I can save you....on and on. A good third of our country are blindly following him, so they will see this interview as unfair. And they will say that the fact that 60 Minutes wanted to edit the interview is because they wanted to frame it their own way. While that is true, it's also true that it must be edited for time, for relevance (like the minutes spent complaining about Biden and Hillary), and for the truth in his claims.

His followers won't care. They won't even believe that that's true if you try to convince them. It's just unbelievable, and I am not optimistic.