Hello!

kg-writes

Lost in Revisions
Registered
Reaction score
Just popping in to say hi & introduce myself. My name is Kristina and I'm a writer from Northern Alberta, Canada. I'm currently working on some final revisions on my paranormal thriller novel and I'm hoping to be ready to query in a few months.

When I'm not writing, I'm running a small market garden and taking care of a varied menagerie of animals. I live about 6 hours North West of Edmonton and my closest neighbours are a large herd of bison and our resident bull moose.

I'm looking forward to reading through all the different forums and getting to know everyone.

scribemeetsworld

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scribemeetsworld.com
Hi Kristina,

Thanks for introducing yourself -- and :welcome:

That's great that you'll be ready to query in a few months. Besides the resources on AW re: querying, have you checked out Query Shark by lit agent Janet Reid? It's very helpful.

One recent new member here read all the posts in the Shark archive (as Janet advises) -- and she got an agent!

I live about 6 hours North West of Edmonton and my closest neighbours are a large herd of bison and our resident bull moose.

It sounds like you have a beautiful view when you look out of your windows. That must be very inspiring when you write -- I know I felt inspired just reading your description :)

PS: What kind of plants are grown/sold as part of your market garden?

kg-writes

Lost in Revisions
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Kristina,

Thanks for introducing yourself -- and :welcome:

That's great that you'll be ready to query in a few months. Besides the resources on AW re: querying, have you checked out Query Shark by lit agent Janet Reid? It's very helpful.

One recent new member here read all the posts in the Shark archive (as Janet advises) -- and she got an agent!

It sounds like you have a beautiful view when you look out of your windows. That must be very inspiring when you write -- I know I felt inspired just reading your description :)

PS: What kind of plants are grown/sold as part of your market garden?

I love Query Shark, I'm about 60% through the archive now. It's been incredibly helpful as I work on my query. The examples are fantastic, and it's great to see an agent's perspective.

It is beautiful up here, and cold. lol.

I do salad greens, herbs, garlic and tomato & pepper starts at our spring market. I'm starting a small fruit orchard but it'll be a few years before the trees are producing. I have apples, sour cherries, and haskap bushes.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

scribemeetsworld

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scribemeetsworld.com
I love Query Shark, I'm about 60% through the archive now.

Oh, I bet your query is going to turn out great!

I do salad greens, herbs, garlic and tomato & pepper starts at our spring market. I'm starting a small fruit orchard but it'll be a few years before the trees are producing. I have apples, sour cherries, and haskap bushes.

Dinner at your house must be amazing.

PS: I had to look up haskap bushes -- never heard of them before. Apparently they taste like a cross between a grape and a blueberry. Sounds delish to me :)

TylerJK

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! I went on a family trip to northern Alberta as a teenager and I loved it, one of the most naturally beautiful parts of Canada. Look forward to seeing you on the boards. Best of luck.

kg-writes

Lost in Revisions
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, I bet your query is going to turn out great!

LOL. I don't know about that, I think I've written/rewritten it a dozen times. Still not entirely happy with it, so I'll keep working & reading.

Dinner at your house must be amazing.

PS: I had to look up haskap bushes -- never heard of them before. Apparently they taste like a cross between a grape and a blueberry. Sounds delish to me :)

They are kind of tart like a raspberry too, it's a hard flavour to describe. They make an amazing jam though.